• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Weatherby Mark V .257

Tomg

I have a Weatherby in .257 mag in great condition, this is a German made Weatherby. it comes with Weatherby scope which is period correct. Round count is unknown, I'm selling this for my Dad and don't know much about the history of the gun.

Price is $1250.00 shipped to your FFL (they must accept from Private seller)
No Trades please this part of safe clean out, He can no longer shoot due to health and age.
2017-12-28 09.45.25.jpg
2017-12-28 09.45.25.jpg
2017-12-28 09.44.52.jpg

Personally; When I have someone "negotiating" to purchase via PM, I advise that person to post a public "I'll take it" just to avoid just this situation. In my book, the deal isn't consumated until the purchaser declares his intent publicly.
In this instance, I have to agree with ALrifleman. The OPs now in a tough spot because someone isn't going to be happy.

I'm kinda ****ed off I have another thread up looking for the exact same gun got pm from it and said I wanted It I've been on all day looking for reply since 8 am

I'm kinda ****ed off I have another thread up looking for the exact same gun got pm from it and said I wanted It I've been on all day looking for reply since 8 am

I understand your frustration; However, had you posted "I'll take it" at 8 am, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Again it's up to the OP how they want to handle this. Kinda feel bad for everyone involved.

o well you live and learn i guess bought still thought i made it clear also considering i have another post looking to buy a 257 wby mark v that i was originally pmed for

The first posted " I will take it" is the buyer.
Don't feel bad, it has happened to all of us, but it only takes once to learn that lesson.

This is an unfortunate situation, I feel bad about this deal. But the first public I'll take it trumps all other deals. This is the most common rules on every forum I've been involved with.