• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Weatherby mark 5 dangerous game

Is this still available?
You say 5 boxes of ammo; how many rounds of 300 gr reloads, 450 gr, and 500 gr?
I have an RCBS press. Don't know if the Redding dies will work in it, but that's OK. I would also like to know what powder and charge you are achieving the 3200+ fps

1 box of 300's
Rest is 450's but one of the boxes has 5 500 fmj's
I'm going to have to double check the full amount
1 box of brass
yes, redding dies fit an rcbs press
Varget stuffed full ha

1 box of 300's
Rest is 450's but one of the boxes has 5 500 fmj's
I'm going to have to double check the full amount
1 box of brass
yes, redding dies fit an rcbs press
Varget stuffed full ha
I've never been fond of compressed charges, especially in .338 cal and up. I tied some in my Super Blackhawk .44 mag and experienced some cracked cases during my reloading inspection and have not used ANY since. Your offer is very attractive and I have a decision to make now between this rifle, which would be a nice companion with my Mark V Deluxe .340, or a new S&W 460 XVR. I hope you can see my dilemma. I bought the .44 in 1977 and am looking at retiring it as a keepsake. I really don't need this rifle, but as a gun enthusiast, I would love to have it. I honestly think the greatest disadvantage of these guns is the cost to shoot them, at $5.00/rd it is one that you don't want to shoot very much.

You don't need to recheck your count. Basically you have over $1,000 in ammo. Give me a few days to think about this and I'll get back in touch. If i decide not to take it, I'll get in touch with a few friends and see if any would be interested.

That's an awesome gun and caliber .I hope it gets to go hunting and not just sit In the safe .I used my 416 rem mags every day in Alaska for 12 years best life insurance policy I ever bought in my life !Good luck with your sale !

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have decided to go the pistol route. I really have no good explanation for the .340 and .375 that I have other than just wanting them. I will put the S&W 460 VXR to better use since Illinois does have a pistol season for deer. The problem being, as it is everywhere, I can't find ammunition for it or any of the other pistols I have been looking at, like the S&W 380 ACP. Had you lived within reasonable driving distance I would have definitely bought the gun. I have asked friends if they were interested and gave them the contact info on LRH. Good luck in selling it, you have a great price on the gun.