Weapons In Pictures

On another thread a poster commented "So glad to not see weapon in picture."

Do other people feel this way and why? The poster was asked and didn't reply.
I usually take pictures of my animals, some with and some without my rifles, but either way, I never give much of a thought to including them or not. However, I do give some thought to how the animal looks and try to "clean it up" a bit, and pose it nicely. Not to please anyone else or out of respect for them, but out of respect for the animal.

Like this ?

300rum, 200ab, Ziess v4, Micky Rem Classic

Attachments

• 20190601_194626.jpg
    20190601_194626.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
Zeiss also feels weapons should be minimized or left out of photos containing their products.
It's mostly a European thing, which of course is where Zeiss relates to. Doesn't apply so much in the US, as long as they're done tastefully, and you can see the the Zeiss optics!

Zeiss America website does not show any AR style rifles but has 1 precision ans 1 hunting rifle.

Zeiss International (English) shows only 1 rifle (barely) with the words "Example of use - Observe prohibition of guns and hunting laws!" Over the rifle so you can only see the scope.

Internationally it looks like they are leaning heavy on their camera lens, medical optics, than binoculars, spotting scopes and hunting rifles.