we hated the elk counting whirly bird today

rooster740

After many miles of tracking today, and finally finding 6 wolves laying in a basin 700 yards away, a young man at the ripe age of 12 was the man on the trigger today. It was perfect until the big yellow plane and yellow and blue helicopter came in and ran the wolves away. This took place on private land 1 mile from any elk that were the reason the elk counting aircraft were flying.
The young man is deadly at 500 yards and with a short stalk these wolves were screwed! Oh I am so mad and the boys father was wild! The plane banked just above and you could see the wolf loving biologist's eyes they were so close!
what a shame!

I was going to have such an awesome story for everyone tonight! Instead it was pee eye double s ed away on aviation fuel by our Montana Fish and Game!

Don't be mad at the pilots, assuming they weren't also also the biologists. They are paid to fly and backcountry flying work is hard to come by.

Sorry the youngster lost the opportunity. I'd be hacked off too.

(A pilot sticking up for other pilots)

What a bunch of crap! Sorry to hear of about the young guy getting screwed. You boys should file a formal complaint with FWP. Don't drop it at the front desk either, drop it at the dept. heads desk, and mention that you're on the way to talk with the newspaper as well. It might not help you guys, but it might help the next guy they think about messing with. When stories like this get out, it fuels the fire. FWP can't afford too much more bad press over the wolf issue, especially a story about "elk researchers" purposely messing with wolf hunters, one of which is a young guy.

Rooster, that is the pits. Too bad, it would have been nice for a couple of them to have gone to the happy hunting grounds. If it was done on purpose, for sure file a complaint, if not, well **** happens. I've had more than one stalk ruined by atv's.

Randy

Don't give up---go and git em!

Sounds like it might have been the USDA. They take care of a lot (stuffed) animals out of thoses whirlybirds. Sorry to hear about the hunt.

You should be talking to the papers,local TV,and RMEF!!
The only way for evil to prevail is for good men to do nuthing......

That sucks I would be pretty lit, especially if they ran the wolves off on purpose. Definitely file a complaint and make sure you tell the landowner to file a complaint as well. You might also be able to get them for harassing game(its a long shot), but the bigger stink you make the more traction you will get. I might have accidentally gun).

So the saddest part is my friend, the dad of the little boy called mfwp after it happened the first fly by and raised hell! Then 1 hourish after the first fly by it happened again. Today there was a message on mad Dad's phone that the idiots were trying to collar wolves on a Saturday! Really! During the hunting season after a great snow for tracking (finally) and on private ground on a saturday, they pull this crap? I truly hate these Montana fishes and predators (MFWP). This was a horrible deal for that little boy! The kid has school on weekdays and it never snows these days. I will say that little guys odds are pretty good since his dad has tagged 3 wolves in three seasons and believe me these wolves were dead, and the idiots in the air knew that death was in air! This action was done to save the lives of at least 1 wolf at tax payers and hunting license buyers expense! I swear the MFW&P loves these mutts which are a financial burden on the govenrnment both state and federal!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.