Warner now taking pre-orders for Flatline .375 projectiles?

ELR Researcher

Again my UK friend, Simon Lowe, sent me a link of note:

1610828_1541686286070159_5517551830396695155_n.png

Patriot Valley Arms

January 23 at 2:19pm ·

The next 2 bullets in the Flatline family are post processed across the acoustic chronograph. Warner Tool Company www.warner-tool.com is starting to take pre-orders for them.

150gr 7mm and 360gr 375 cal The official BC values are being double checked over this snowy weekend and should be posted sometime next week.
... The 150gr 7mm needs a 9tw barrel and the 375 needs a 10tw.
With a 7mm WSM we shot the 150 to speeds in excess of 3400fps, G1 looks to be appx 0.65 based on the acustics.

The 375 runs 2850+ from a 338 LM Imp case necked up to 37cal. I dont know what it will run from a Cheytac but I suspect it will approach 3200fps without much trouble.
The G1 appears to be a shade in excess of 1.0!

As of 6 PM, Pacific, on 2/3/16 nothing on their website. Call 603-352-9521 (NH)

Dan Warner has responded to my (same info) post on Snipershide):

As soon as we are ready to go to press with the ballistic coefficients, we will make an announcement and start the pre-order list. Processing the data from the acoustical test takes time. We want it to be as accurate as possible, so it is checked and re-checked. If you wish to get on the list now, you are welcome to do so; call or email us with your order. We will be limiting the initial quantities per order so as to get them out there to as many as possible. This is only temporary as we ramp up production and build inventory. Not set in stone yet, but it will most likely be 50 of the 7mm's and 25 of the 375's to begin with. Don't ask me about pricing yet; this will be posted as we make the announcements. We will also be updating the website with more detailed information on each bullet so you have some dimensional details to help you invision chamber and loaded lengths.

Call or email us if you have questions or want to get on the list:

[email protected] or use the email link on our website

warner-tool.com

Thanks,

Dan

****************so now you are current*************

I'm building a 375 lapua improved also and I'm interested in these bullets how hard are you pushing them to get 2850+? Hope the bc is there they would be awesome

benny1 - you need to contact PVA, I just copied their post. See https://www.facebook.com/patriotvalleyarms/?fref=nf

The 375/338LM Improved - using a Barnard action - is running a 30" 1:10 tube. The only gun powder that was used in testing was RL-26 (Q.L. said it was the fastest/best powder with this length barrel, weight bullet, barrel friction, etc.; Q.L. also predicted that 2,900 fps was unobtainium regardless of powder w/ 30" tube). It pushed the 361 gr. .375 bullet to 2,800+ fps with no pressure signs or issues at all.

Pressure and velocity testing (done simultaneously with barrel break in) showed that 2,900 fps. was not feasible with the current 30" tube, so no real effort to climb that mountain was entertained. Its possible this barrel speeds up a touch as it breaks in, but I have no interest in over-stressing the Lapua Head stamp .338 LM brass (121.4 gr. H2O in its improved state - for .338, a touch more for .375, given the additional room in the neck.), which showed virtually no web expansion during the testing phase.

JeffVN

Warner needs to make a heavier .375. 360gr isn't enough for the big .375's (Cheytac, BAS, Snipetac).

Has anyone did any test loads with the 375 Flatline bullets yet?

Just curious for a comparison, I ran a few test loads using H50BMG in a 35" 9 twist. The bullets were seated with the edge of the engraving band just outside the edge of the brass, they are seated right at the lands with a OAL of 4.588

With a DA of 2811 my 5 different load charges ranged from 3063 to 3222 fps they averaged a 40 fps increase with a 2 grain increase in powder across the board, next I will float the seating depth and see how they group.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.