Want Your Input! New Stock Design

First of, This is awesome to see a company reaching out like this. Kudos to you guys @AG Composites
So you guys made up a adjustable alpine hunter that I'm running on my Terminus Zeus and the only things I wish for would be either adjustable LOP or an option for 4-5 different lengths if ordered. Also I had to do some mods to mine to make the adjustable cheek piece tooless with worries I wouldn't be able to remove my LA bolt in the field if needed. It might be really helpful for shooting position to maybe add an indent or body line shelf incorporated into the stock for a thumb shelf. Overall I'm very impressed with the stock!
IMG_3669.jpeg

adjustable lop and cheek are something I have decided I am going to have in a stock, I am a stock crawler in the prone position if I adjust the scope far enough forward to keep it from hitting my eye ,it is too far away standing and if you are shooting prone uphill that can decrease the distance from eye to scope also very few stocks have a high enough comb to support the head. These adjustable features must add a pound but having the rifle fit proper in field positions is of great benifit

First of, This is awesome to see a company reaching out like this. Kudos to you guys @AG Composites
So you guys made up a adjustable alpine hunter that I'm running on my Terminus Zeus and the only things I wish for would be either adjustable LOP or an option for 4-5 different lengths if ordered. Also I had to do some mods to mine to make the adjustable cheek piece tooless with worries I wouldn't be able to remove my LA bolt in the field if needed. It might be really helpful for shooting position to maybe add an indent or body line shelf incorporated into the stock for a thumb shelf. Overall I'm very impressed with the stock!View attachment 564768
Hey MCOBB2, just curious, have you laid hands on our K2 model? It has a thumb shelf molded into its lines. I think it's similar to what you've described but wanted to check. That's a feature we could certainly include on future models. Interesting that adjustable LOP has been mentioned twice in three responses. Thanks again.

Chalk Branck in a Tikka that can be bought directly from you, without going through a builder. Also bring back the Chalk Branch in the Weatherby MK V. Inlet for a Browning A-Bolt. Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
bb204

Hey MCOBB2, just curious, have you laid hands on our K2 model? It has a thumb shelf molded into its lines. I think it's similar to what you've described but wanted to check. That's a feature we could certainly include on future models. Interesting that adjustable LOP has been mentioned twice in three responses. Thanks again.
I have not. I knew I wanted flat forend for a solid arca mount, so I didn't consider the K2 to be honest. I'm looking at them right now and I think that shelf/indent would be perfect!

Something lighter weight that is set up to support an acra rail.
Hey Mark,

I have a few AG stocks. They can confirm, but I think every one of their stocks has an aluminum rail molded into the forend that you can drill and tap to accept hardware to mount anything you want, including an Arca rail. I've done it a number of times. It's a 9" aluminum rail. The only stock model that differs is the Chalk Branch, which I think has a bit shorter rail. The drilling and tapping process is super easy with a $12 bit/tap combo purchased at the hardware store. You don't need a drill press, either. Just make sure that the threads on your tap stay clean of aluminum shavings as you're drilling, and especially after tapping one hole and before starting another.

Last edited:
I have not. I knew I wanted flat forend for a solid arca mount, so I didn't consider the K2 to be honest. I'm looking at them right now and I think that shelf/indent would be perfect!
I mounted an Arca rail on my K2, and it's friggin rock solid, and that's with a 17-pound gun that I put on a tripod. Knowing it was so heavy, I used 3 screws to secure the Arca rail and Loc-tited the screws in. Bomb proof.

I'll be the guy to say it. How about some Savage inlets for us lowly Savage builders. Yea Yea I know bottom of the food chain and all. But if you put enough lipstick on a pig the bacon still tastes good.
We were wondering if Savage was going to pop up. We are working on those programs now. We're hoping to have Savage options ready to sell in August.

Just make sure you make left handed versions also. Let me know if you need some actions for tinkering. I have plenty lefties available for fitting! LOL

I had not seen that model. Thanks for sharing.

Similar yes, a little less pronounced on the beaver tail. the traditional beaver tail tends to feel chunky / bulky as designed for varmint rigs. My thought process was more sporter contour overall than varmint. Think of it as beaver on a diet :)
In the meantime, check out our website with the images of our forend shapes. It shows how flat or not flat our stocks are. https://www.agcomposites.com/technical#section5