Want to build a stock ?

J E Custom

This video is not representative of how a hand made stock is made but it does show the first stage in stock building.

J E CUSTOM

That's really cool. I was determined to make a stock a few years ago and was trying to make a mold for fiberglass stocks. But I kept breaking the mold when I would try to separate it.

The main reason I posted this Video was to show the number of steps in fashioning a stock and if you don't have a machine, how hard it can be to shape it by hand. If it were not for the machines, stocks would cost thousands of dollars.

I have seen stocks that the wood cost over $6,000.00 and then hand making it was another $5,000.00 so there is something to be said for buying a machine shaped stock. Sometimes I can't buy a stock with the features I want but can find a stock with enough "Meat" on it and modify it to what I wanted rather than start from scratch.

With wood or laminates you can also get that Custom fit for a reasonable price or with a little work. with the cost of equipment and molds the composite's have to be generic and you just have to find one that you like.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts