• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44, Illuminated, FFP, Mil

Havoc

Bought this from another member last year, mounted in medium Seekin's rings. Used it for about 40 rounds, sold the rifle So no longer need this. Sold!
IMG_0542.jpeg
IMG_0543.jpeg
IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg

Last edited:
The reason for the great difficulty in selling these Strike Eagle 3-18x44 34mm scopes is because regularly go on sale for $499 at Focus Camera brand new with $250 discount code and also refurbished for $499 at A&A and new open box/demo models for $510 at Sierra and Online Outfitters. Even cheaper when you use their additional discount codes and of course they have free shipping. Optics Planet had a very good incentive to buy under $500 with their bonus bucks incentive before few months ago and DVOR had them just over $500. Look for their 50-60% off Vortex sales they vary pricewise and not always cheap for Vortex brand just cherry pick the best deals.

The last most recent new open box Strike Eagle 3-18x44 MRAD 34mm I paid $465 delivered. First brand new one I paid $490 delivered back in November only a couple months ago. Man, after recently receiving my Arken EP5s and EPL4s I honestly don't think the Strike Eagles are worth paying more than $400 for let alone $500 brand new.

I wouldn't pay more than $465 for a used Strike Eagle based on what I already personally bought 2 for. The much cheaper Arken EPL4 4-16x44 is actually a better quality scope in regards to the image quality with not as much chromatic aberration and turrets for around $300 and have several of the newest EP5s and EPL4s and already compared them to my more expensive scopes. I like the no questions asked Vortex warranty but if you don't shop smart you are the one to actually pay for the warranty with overly inflated cost. The Strike Eagle is a $400 CHINESE scope IMHO. It's totally insane to spend $700 on them remember they're Chinese scopes. The newest $400 Arken EP5s are also far superior to the $700 Strike Eagle 5-25x56 which is another $400 Chinese scope at best. Whenever buying Vortex always try to pay maximum 40% off or half price or better as a general rule of thumb. If you never intended to ever sell your Vortex brand items then paying full price may be worth it to you.

If you're Law enforcement or military or first responders minimum is 40% discount. I personally don't qualify for the law enforcement or military discount but am just super keen on looking for the best possible deals and prices before buying anything especially made in CHINA stuff from Bushnell, Athlon and Vortex. I try to find the closest to 50% off half price sales or call around who can give the vest price quotes over the phone because majority optics from CHINA is all markups for profit not quality.

Best bang for your buck if you really like buying Chinese then buy the $350-$450 Arken EP5s and $300-$350 EPL4s and non Illuminated Athlon Midas Tacs currently on sale at Cameraland 6-24x50 $450-$599 5-25x56. The 4-16x44 Midas Tac better off buying the much cheaper Arken EPL4. Watch out Athlon may not honor their lifetime warranty based on my first hand experience.

A&A is a good place to buy refurbished Vortex example Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 $2100 and $1750 for 1-10x Gen 3s and Razor HD LHT 3-15x44 $850 and Strike Eagle 3-18x44 34mm $499. They may still be in new condition too and still have the same unconditional no questions asked Vortex VIP lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
I have been trying to sell my same scope except in SFP & MOA in an unopened bow new for 100.00 less for over a yr now.
I hope you have better success than I am having
The SFP 30mm 3-18x44 Strike Eagle were selling for $299 brand new before they got discontinued. If you price it accordingly then it should sell.

well, it appears I'll be keeping it with those prices.
You will never lose any money by keeping a Vortex if you actually make use of it. They always send you a prepaid return shipping label if you need warranty unlike most other brands that you always pay out of picket to ship with insurance for warranty claims. If it fails and you aren't happy then ask them for an upgrade and pay the difference for a better quality Vortex item and doesn't not necessarily have to be another scope, could be other items Vortex sells that you can actually find a use for. They base value on full MSRP.

Vortex is like having real equity due to their unconditional no questions asked VIP lifetime warranty and willingness to upgrade for other products once a warranty replacement is in order.

The Strike Eagle 3-18x44 34mm is probably the best Chinese made scope they currently sell IMHO. They just jacked up all their MSRP prices just recently (last week?) too so it's now priced at $1049.99 MSRP in Vortex equity you have. Formerly $849.99 early January 2024. It's just like investment equity with accruing interest in real life.
I have a lot of broken Chinese Vortex scopes accruing equity right now that I haven't even bothered to send in yet because I haven't yet decided on what to trade all of these broken Chinese Vortex scopes in for. I think I have around $2000.00 worth of MSRP broken Vortex China scopes. Down side is the replacement Vortex item I decide is also now jacked up in MSRP price. I emphasize Chinese Vortex scopes because every single one of my broken Vortex scopes are in fact Chinese. None of my Japan made Vortex scooes failed yet knock on wood. After (that's IF) both of my Strike Eagles fail I'll probably trade them in for a Razor LHT made in JAPAN. I also only use my scopes of Chinese origin on lower recoiling guns such as 22s and 223s at most because I don't want to experience the reticle spinning with magnification zoom and parallax error from too much recoil syndrome you get with Chinese made scopes when used on high powered rifles including the ridiculously expensive overpriced Chinese Athlon Ares ETRs. Just my Arken EP5s I feel enough trust and confidence to use them on my big boys guns. At least Arken has a tracking guarantee and sends prepaid return shipping labels if and when you need to use their lifetime warranty though not quite as quick to respond as Vortex but at least it's always free.

"Strike Eagle 3-18x44 FFP" https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-strike-eagle-3-18x44-ffp.html

Last edited:

Recent Posts