Vortex lht comments?

308_Branden

Before I really got into the long range hunting and shooting gear vortex was always top on my list, leupold and nightforce were just those scopes that were outrageously expensive. Generally I see most guys arnt a big fan of vortex. Anyone have any comments? Been deciding between a vortex lht, NX8 or a mark5. Purpose will be for long range shooting and backcountry hunting. Thanks

I have an original HD LHT 3-15 (not the newer ffp version, not the older original capped version). I've been very happy with it for the few years I've had it. Seems to dial and return to zero fine, although in all honesty I haven't dialed it much. It's been a great, lightweight hunting optic for me, and I REALLY like the reticle.

The illumination system is the weak part, hard to get to work properly and turn off. I do like the illuminated center dot, though.

I've got a couple listed for sale. The little that Ive played with them they are awesome scopes. Glass on them is top notch, tracking is spot on and holds zero. For a hunting rifle I don't think you can go wrong.

I have a few Vortex Razors gen 1 5 x 20 x 50 . 125 min of elevation available, built like a tank so a bit heavy . I hunt with mine and have shot out to 3027 yards with them . Tracking is great and repeatable. I do use a correction factor in my dope when going past 2000 yards .

Nightforce has been on my mind but I haven't picked one up yet .

It looks like your wanting a lighter weight scope then I have but I thought this little information might help you out !
Good Luck in your choice !

Rum Man

Haven't had the LHT. Had a gen1 razor and glass was great. Never had to dial far, just couldn't get over the size of it.

Lifetime warranty...they say cause you'll need it.. 🤔

I ran my buddies lht on my brothers 300wm, he wanted to test it before he bought it. It would do irregular things and would t respond to tracking properly. Groups were in the 1.5moa range. With his old leupold it was a solid 3/4" rifle. Based on Form's drop test results where the lht was loosing zero after only 6" of drop this didn't surprise me. I think the recoil was jarring it around. My brother bought a trijicon credo and right away back to 3/4" groups.

My buddy runs the lht on a .308 and seems to be fine for him. Glass is great on the scope. But it seems like a very delicate piece.

This seems to be the general consensus of most people. Great scope till it stops working and thankfully the warranty is top notch. It's a pricey scope I think the better option would be to bite the bullet and spend a little more for the dependability of other companies. It's a shame cause you can find those LHTs for a great price and it's nice and light.

Before I really got into the long range hunting and shooting gear vortex was always top on my list, leupold and nightforce were just those scopes that were outrageously expensive. Generally I see most guys arnt a big fan of vortex. Anyone have any comments? Been deciding between a vortex lht, NX8 or a mark5. Purpose will be for long range shooting and backcountry hunting. Thanks
Used Nxs fsince I quit using Unertals in the 70,s dont get any better!

Same as others have said; they're great until they break. I used to be a vortex fanatic and don't own any anymore. Too many warranty uses for me to trust them.

The cheap option is the SWFA HD 5-20. That and the nightforce are the only two scopes that passed all of Forms torture testing. They're heavy but rock solid (same as the NF though)

I wouldn't say I'm a fan but do use vortex products, I've had nothing but positive experiences with the company and have used the warranty in one way or another. That said the hd lht 3x15x42 sitting on top of this Seekins element has been great, I chose it for weight, reticle and looking through it is really nice IMG_1101.jpeg

When the turret goes Wheeiiizzzz" when dialing...frustrating to say the least.

Confidence when you fall off that 10' cliff on your scope and you can still dial and have accuracy on target...priceless...

Used but same pricepoint...