Venison tartare for dinner

FEENIX

Not suited for wuss. šŸ¤£

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mix and spice with hot/spicy Greek peperoncini, fresh cilantro, lemon zest, shallots, jalapeno, Worcestershire sauce, Ponzu sauce , Sriracha sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, whole grain mustard, and black pepper. Place in a mold and chill.
3.jpg
Add raw egg yolk; duck egg courtesy of Brother Thane (@akdad). Mix egg and re-chill.
4.jpg

Served over cracker with avocado, and topped with crispy garlic chips.

That looks incredible! Love venison tartare or any tartare for that matter.

I make it out of loin though and process my own deer. I'd be a little leary of coming from a processor. If you have a good processor not much to worry about though. Worse case is you get the craps for a few days...

That looks incredible! Love venison tartare or any tartare for that matter.

I make it out of loin though and process my own deer. I'd be a little leary of coming from a processor. If you have a good processor not much to worry about though. Worse case is you get the craps for a few days...
My parents were in the meat market business for 4 decades and grew up eating fresh, raw beef. I used to process mine, too, but I no longer have the space or time to do it. I have been going to the same processor since 2003.

I remove the tenderloin before taking it to the processor and often cook it as soon as I get home. I have eaten all kinds of food around the world, including street foods, and never had the craps, but I avoid drinking their water, bottled or not. šŸ¤£