• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Used U.S. Optics SN-2-BRX-V for sale

JKO

I have a used USO SN-2-BRX-V I would like to sell.

This sight is externally identical to the standard SN-3.

I purchased it new in April of 2000--I made a $2000 deposit, then traded two other scopes for it--a used USO SN-2 and a new Leupold Mark 4/M1 16X), and I took delivery the following December.

The late Dr. Williams--that is, John B. Williams, II--was gracious enough to allow the partial trade because I'd lost my job in August of 2000. (I'm still unemployed, but on disability.)

The sight has the following features:

10.5X--35X magnification;

35mm maintube;

58mm adjustable objective (non-ERGO);

11-position illuminated Mil-Dot reticle; and

1/50th-MOA Windage & Elevation adjustments (no, that is *NOT* a misprint; let's just say that I was more than a little naive when I bought it).

Also included are the base (extended Picatinny rail for Remington 700 Long Action (it's currently mounted on a Remington 721 L.A.), with 20-M.O.A. forward slope), rings (35mm Posi-Lock), screw-in opaque lens covers, clear protective lens covers, and two blank turrets for custom loads.

The sight, and the rifle upon which it is mounted, have been in storage since approximately June of 2000 (after an abortive range session), except for occasional handling.

Technically, I guess you could say it's in Like-New condition, perhaps 95% or better.

Asking $3000 or best offer.

I can be reached here, or by E-mail at [email protected].

--JKO

Magnumdude:

If I'm not too late, would it be possible to renegotiate the price?

It's recently been brought to my attention by others--whose memories are, apparently, far better than mine-- that I actually paid *more* for the 'scope than I thought I did.

The used USO 'scope was purchased for $2,100 in December of 1999, and the down payment for the 'scope that I currently have was $1,700, for a total of $3,800.

I also paid about $175.00 for the mount. It's an extended Picatinny rail for the Remington 700 Long Action, with a 20-M.O.A. forward slope, if you're interested in that as well.

Unfortunately, I don't recall how much I paid for the Leupold 'scope, and I don't have my checking account records from that far back.

IIRC, it was something in the vicinity of $1,000 to $1,200.

All-told, that comes to somewhere between $4,900 and $5,200, so I'd be taking quite a loss--especially since it's only been to the range once--in June of 2001, I think.

Again, I'm sorry to change this on you at the last minute, as it were. I just want for both of us to get our money's worth.

Please let me know--either here or by private E-mail-- whether this is agreeable to you.

Thanks,
JKO