URSA SoCal: Looking for shooters for 9/18 (at 2080 & possibly 2640 yards)

ELR Researcher

The Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) will have a shoot in SoCal (Barstow area) on September 18. We will have a target set up at 2080 and, possibly, at 2640 (approximate). Shooting at 2640 is not guaranteed – that's determined by who signs up and how well those shooters did previously at 2080. [In any case, a frame will be set up at 2640 to facilitate a fairly quick set up, if required, on Sunday.]

All locally-legal firearms (rifles and rifle/pistols) are welcome. There are no fees. We start shooting at sunrise and typically end by 9 AM. 4WD or AWD with good ground clearance highly recommended as the sand can get very deep. [AAA will not tow from this location, an off-highway tow truck from Barstow runs $510 - happened to me in June and I have a 4WD in good condition.]

Please note that I will need help setting up the steel. [Since the $510 tow bill in June, I am no longer willing to drive off the established "roadway".] Setup is typically done Saturday afternoon - worst case it will be done first thing on Sunday, delaying the start of the shoot accordingly...and, the later we start, the more likely we'll be dealing with wind. Beyond getting enough shooters signed up, if folks are not willing to help set up the steel, there will be no shoot.

If you want to shoot this event, you need to contact me ([email protected]), worst case, no later than Wednesday the 14th before 6 PM. Please note whether you are willing to help set up the steel and, if so, whether you are willing to help on Saturday afternoon, or only on Sunday morning, or both. Thanks.

If you are not familiar with URSA, please see out website, www.unlimitedrange.org

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts