Upstate New York Hunting

bahabill

Looking for recommendation on Bino Magnification ???
I hunt AZ and the lowest magnification I own is 12x50 bino's and I think thats too much for hunting up there.....
Going to
Katskill mountains on my brothers land and havent hunted there yet only Arizona and its all long range here so my question is this!!!

longest shot will be 100 yards and visabilty is gonna be heavy tree lined woods area so prob no more than 200 yards
Shoould i go with 10 x magnification or
8 X magnification ??????
also range finder is a 7X.... is that too much???

Looking for recommendation on Bino Magnification ???
I hunt AZ and the lowest magnification I own is 12x50 bino's and I think thats too much for hunting up there.....
Going to
Katskill mountains on my brothers land and havent hunted there yet only Arizona and its all long range here so my question is this!!!

longest shot will be 100 yards and visabilty is gonna be heavy tree lined woods area so prob no more than 200 yards
Shoould i go with 10 x magnification or
8 X magnification ??????
also range finder is a 7X.... is that too much???
8x

Your 12x50s will be just fine. I, as well as most I hunt with use 10X as a compromise for hunting here in the east as well as more open country out west. If you just have to by something, I would go 7 or 8X since you already have 12X.

I run 10x40 here in CT same basic terrain, I think there just about perfect. I would only change up to 8x to save some weight and bulk .