Ultra lightweight stock

Ghogsniper

Who makes the lightest weight hunting right-bolt, right-eject rifle stock for a Rem 700 short action footprint (Kelbly Nanook action will be used for this project) that will accept a detachable magazine ?

Thank You !

I bought a custom rifle with a Manners Ultra Classic stock and Impact Precision action. The stock was easily the lightest I have owned. However, even with a 22 inch 2B contour barrel and a 28 oz scope it was also the most unbalanced, muzzle heavy rifle I had ever had. There also wasn't enough meat on the stock to allow me to install a swiss arca plate on it for use with my tripod.
I think if you search the forum you'll find a few stories of folks who had various issues with their extreme ultralight stocks, including installing studs for bi-pods/ slings. All I'm suggesting is that there are trade offs in going with the ultra light stocks and they are not all created equal so you might want to consider more than just the weight # in your search.
In my case, I swapped out the Ultra Classic on the rifle mentioned for a Manner EH1 because the extra 10 oz gave me a overall package that met my needs better.

If i were you I'd go Mesa Precision Altitude.... they can actually be inletted for kelbly actions specifically and 4-6 week lead time. They are 25 oz. and pretty sharp looking, and very comfortable. M5 inlet for DBM is also available for them.

I built a custom 7mm Remington LA using a Stocky's M50 Carbon Fiber Stock. 28oz. It's my favorite stock and a good value. I've been looking at all the other stocks to build on a SA. I can afford purchase whatever I want, I'm going with the M50 again.

Depending on what model of stock you choose Doc at MPI can build you a stock as light as 13 oz's, brown precision builds a nice little classic stock that can be put together at 16 oz's they call it the pounder, I've been retired for awhile now and have no experience with some of the other's mentioned here, but the MPI and brown I put together a good handful with both they are diffently not drop in if that's what you are working for.

Who makes the lightest weight hunting right-bolt, right-eject rifle stock for a Rem 700 short action footprint (Kelbly Nanook action will be used for this project) that will accept a detachable magazine ?

Thank You !
Brown precision had a carbon fiber stock that they sold in the 80's called the pounder. Don't know if they still make it. I have 2 and I really like them.

Recent Posts