Ultimate Sheep Rifle Build

Thousands are wrong everyday im just going to build it because i think its awsome and because it was sold as soon as i said to a few friends what my plans were
But garbage is not a word ive ever heard used to describe that cartridge ever till today so perhaps you might enlighten me on how this is so . So that the thousands of shooters using this cartridge might understand your distain for it

hahaha well, obviously you've never owned one or loaded for one before?
There is a lot of cartridges that perform better than a 30/378 without all of the problems and downfalls
Ill agree yes they can be very demanding on a shooters or loaders knowledge and skill but i myself have had in my mind very impressive results with the rifles I've owned used and set up for other shooters and personaly have been amazed at the versatility of said cartridge

Ill agree yes they can be very demanding on a shooters or loaders knowledge and skill but i myself have had in my mind very impressive results with the rifles I've owned used and set up for other shooters and personaly have been amazed at the versatility of said cartridge
Nooooo, there is a lot of issues with the design of the 30/378 that inhibit it from performing anywhere near how it should. Especially with all the powder that is in that case. All that powder and it only drives a 220gr bullet at 3050 fps? wayyyy better choices out there

At 11 and 12 years old my friends and I used to crawl around the swamps north of fort st john in minus 40 and shoot moose with 22s no you don't NEED a 30 378 to shoot sheep with but sure as heck alot have been taken with them
Lol sure ya did
Your a ndp supporter from the island
Your as soft as they come

If you want a really good super magum, check out alex wheeler or ryan pierce and their 300 norma magnum improved. These are far better case designs than a 30/378. Easier to reload and far better selections for brass. Plus they will outperform the wby in every aspect
I will definitely check them out and perhaps in the future do a build on such a chambering but as i said the rifle I've chosen to build was sold on conception so that is what ill be building next but i do appreciate the input and as i say will be checking out the mentioned names .as for yoyr previous comments i was yes born on the islan and now again live on the island i was raised north of fort st john and in my late teens was a guide north of telegraph creek and west of Dease lake I've been a faller west coast and for the last 30 years a driller blaster up and down our fine coast mostly for logging road construction but have also worked a couple of hydro electric projects for various blasting companies and not that i care too much but i implore you to do your homework and find out from employers and co workers if any of them ever had the slightest feeling ever that i might be in any way soft. None of what I've said to you was in anyway intended to be derogatory and ill apologize if you took it that way