Ukrainian sniper kill at 2.36 miles-ballistics?

Looked like a hit on the video I watched. There are three guys standing around. The far right drops like a stone after the shot. The two others duck and one of them crawls to the far-right guy as if to check on him.

Looked like a hit on the video I watched. There are three guys standing around. The far right drops like a stone after the shot. The two others duck and one of them crawls to the far-right guy as if to check on him.
Yes the guy on the right drops, but his arm also comes back up over something followed by his head and upper body.

Probably BS/propaganda to encourage more funding. Stuff like this not unknown.

Terminal velocity 641 fps as stated in previous post. Midrange trajectory about 1/4 mile.

Time of flight (12.4 sec) long enough for any movement of target over 1 ft for miss. Then there are shot to shot velocity variations. The Hornady 4DOFcomes up with almost 10 seconds for 3828 yards with the pointy .50 AMax at 2600 mv, wind at 3mph is 19 ft - provided plastic tippy thing is not melted off.

New bullet designs having pop out fins?

Yes they do, as well as rocket booster engines, and heat seeking steerage built into them.
$140,000,000 per bullet, that why they need so many billions of dollars sent to them every month...and here we all thought it was just being laundered.

Having watched the video 8 or 9 times now, its so grainy, blurry, and apparently the lens so dirty, its really hard to say anything for sure from it.
But stellar video quality if the year was 615 BC.

Nothing new about military long-range shooting.

2000 meters = 2187.2 yards. 2187.2 yards = 1.24 miles

tangent rear sight from 1896 Mauser, made in 1903

IMG_2124.JPG

Pre machine gun days. Upon being ordered, sights were flipped up and targets selected, and many rifles fired stripper clips of ammo/bullets. Many bullets deseeding on a position must be scary. 6.5X55 with 156 RN @ 2375

Let's estimate the vital area of a fat russian mobik is roughly 20 inch diameter circle. At distance of 4153 yards that is about 0.48 MOA. Should be an easy shot for most of the Internet long range hunters/snipers with their all day "0.2 MOA if I do my part" guns :) After all no one claims this is repeatable, but if you try enough times or are lucky enough this certainly might happen. Especially if there's a group of invaders you're firing at.

Seriously, I think this should be taken with a grain of salt. As always, the first victim of the war is the truth. However, a bit of propaganda is more than OK if the nation is fighting for its existence and under an attack.

Last edited:
Let's estimate the vital area of a fat russian mobik is roughly 20 inch diameter circle. At distance of 4153 yards that is about 0.48 MOA. Should be an easy shot for most of the Internet long range snipers with their all day "0.2 MOA if I do my part" guns :) After all no one claims this is repeatable, but if you try enough times or are lucky enough this certainly might happen. Especially if there's a group of invaders you're firing at.

Seriously, I think this should be taken with a grain of salt. As always, the first victim of the war is the truth. However, a bit of propaganda is more than OK if the nation is fighting for its existence and under an attack.
Aw hell, there`s probably 20 guys over on Sniper`s Hide that could make that shot. Just ask `em.