Triggers, Jewel or Timney?

SidecarFlip

Your preference and opinion versus cost. Have them both, Jewel and Timney and for the cost per, I find Timney pretty hard to beat. What do you think?

Prefer Timney since they are 15 minutes away and I like buying local. Great CS as well.

Jewel for my competition/target triggers...light pull repeatability is superb, well worth the price., Timney for my hunting rifles set at 1.5-2# bullet-proof, and consistent in all types of conditions: and available in 2 stage configuration.

I like my timney. I like my jewell. The timney is a better hunting trigger. The jewell is amazing but a bit light for a hunting rifle in my opinion. Cold hands, a little excited at that big buck. I could see it being easier to make a mistake. Both are crisp.

Between the two I prefer the Jewel for several reasons. Some Jewel triggers comes with
Three springs that aid the trigger pull setting buy being in the best range for that setting. It is also designed with an extra link for safety when set very light, and will prevent the trigger from going off accidentally. It blocks the trigger sear until the trigger is pulled. The other thing about the Jewel is the way It brakes when the trigger is pulled. (Like glass) so there is no anticipation of the trigger.

One more benefit of the Jewel is it's ability to be adjusted In the stock/rifle. Triggers can be very sensitive to adjustments and buy not removing them from the stock the torque remains the same and the adjustments remain the same.

I use Timneys when I cant get the Jewels and have been very happy with them but they are not as good as the Jewel in my opinion for performance and features.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Never tried the Calvin elite but do have there standard 510 I think if I remember correctly. Have 2 jewels, and 2 trigger techs (diamond and primary). My favorite is the trigger tech, but do I prefer the jewel over the timney

I prefer the Jewel but I do have quite a few Timneys as they are made for many more models. The Timney Calvin Elite is a very fine trigger and is certainly a contender.

Have you ever pulled a trigger tech It's different. I have most top name brands in different rifles. After using the trigger tech I can feel creep in all of them. Trigger tech are as clean a break as there is
I agree. I also prefer TT.
And For all these guys who trash talk Trigger Tech, I'll trade them my Calvin Elites for their TT Diamonds which they are so unhappy with.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.