Today's Society...

Re: Today\'s Society...

grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

QH

Go to Glenwood and Carbondale area and take a look at whats driving around.

I can't believe the Dodges I see there.

I think it has something to do with coming up over the passes with authority?

From what a mechanic friend of mine from California says, you may not want that foreign (Japanese) Duramax.
He says they are having problems with them.
Coming back at 50 to 60000 miles with major engine problems?

Maybe more emmision problems and laws there?

Give me the Dodge Cummins especially in cold weather. No **** glow plugs to go out in a Dodge. The Ford and Chevy still have them in the Diesels though.
A friend of mine had two of the 8 go out in his ford when he was several miles back in the mountains of Colorado. It wouldn't start. He Had to be towed out.
I had the same problem with mine only the temperature warmed up and I was lucky to get it started, Almost didn't.

Never a problem with the Dodge even when it's not pluged into the block heater.

Ask any Diesel mechanic who works on all makes, whats the best diesel engine in a pickup truck.

Later
DC
grin.gif

As an add on---For my campaign, I'm giving Hummer 2s and Dodge Diesels. NO FORD or Chevys what so ever
grin.gif
. Well MAYBE a Ford but, "NEVER" a Chevy.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ 10-22-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Hey guys I am looking forward to pushing enough buttons to make plenty of windshields for all them pickups!!!

Glenwood Springs is just the bedroom community for Asspen. Nothing much more than bad water, Doc Holliday's grave and an occaisional fire. If they had enough horsepower or enough brains they would go over McLure pass to where I grew up. It was all Fords and Chevy's doing real work.

The only problem my Silverado has going over the passes is that it came from the factory speed limited to 97 mph. It keeps shutting down on me when I am headed UP Eisenhower tunnel approaches - unless I get stuck behind somebody begging their cummins to keep cummin up the mountain while trying to pass a PowerJoke belching smoke at 25 mph.

The first year of the Duramax had problems. No problems since. I don't own a Duramax mostly due to funds, lack of necessity for pulling (except the horse trailer) and while the Duramax is quieter all diesels are too loud. If my sources are correct, the general opinion is this: The best diesel is made by Cat, followed by Isuzu (Duramax) then Cummins with the rest following behind. Now if Cat does put a diesel in a truck...

The Fall of the Athenian Republic.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only
exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse
(generous gifts) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the
majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from
the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses
over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."
"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been two

hundred years. These! nations have progressed through this sequence. From
bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from
courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance, from abundance to
complacency; from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from
dependence back into bondage."
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul,
Minnesota, wrote this about the 2000 election:

Population of counties won by Gore 127 million, won by Bush 143 million.

Square miles of country won by Gore 580,000, won by Bush 2,427,000.

States won by Gore 19, by Bush 29.

Murder per 100,000 residents in counties won by Gore 13.2 by Bush 2.1
(not a typo).

Professor Olson adds, "The map of the territory Bush won was (mostly) the
land owned by the people of this great country. Not the citizens living in
cities owned by the government and living off ! the government....

Professor Olson thinks the US is now between the apathy and complacency
phase of democracy although he believes that 40 percent of the nation's
population has already reached the dependency phase. HUMMMMM. It MAKES YOU
THINK.

Hey guys, read this tonite on Benchrest.com...........hmmmmmm
Later, vern

Well QH

The only option I'm giving in this campaign is the Hummer 2 and the Dodge Diesel which will be running long after that duramax shuts down and won't keep running.

Since the Cat is not offered in a Pickup truck, and the Duramax is known for problems and is a Jap engine besides (that sucks), that leaves the Cummins as the leader in the diesel field as far as prolonged usage and less problems, now don't it?

As far as being a bit louder, I personnaly like the sound of the Dodge diesel engine when running down the road. The louder the better.

Now how many of you want a Dodge diesel? better known as a "real" truck.
Baldeagle wants one, who else?

I'm making out the list now.

Later
DC
grin.gif
grin.gif

PS--Fact, If you came to my camp in Colorado, you would see two Dodge Diesels and one Ford.
I don't personally know "anyone" who owns a Chevy diesel.
tongue.gif

I'm pushing 200,000 miles on mine without any problems what so ever. It just keeps running and running and running.
grin.gif

[ 10-22-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Hmm... Can I get a REAL Hummer instead? The H2 I think is built on a Chevy Tahoe Chassis... I want the old kind that we win wars with.

QH

You would have to go on back to the WORLD wars which were won by Dodge Power wagons and jeeps. Those wars lasted many years and those Power Wagons just kept running and running and running.

Check it out.

As for the Hummer and AM general.
It's not a Tahoe chassis, it's a totally different designed, heavy chassis and that was on a documentary last night. The complete system is different then anything in the industry.
The Hummer1 and Hummer2 chassis is a total change and made to hold up under extreme conditions and go places no other 4 wheeler will go because of the change of design.

It's certainly "NOT" a Chevy, Tahoe or GMC in any stretch of the word.
smile.gif

That machine (Hummer) is built by a completly different set of blue prints and at a seperate manufacturing location then any GM plant.

I'll put you down for a Hummer 2 now. What color?

Later
DC
grin.gif

PS---From the latest report, they don't put a Jap engine in a Hummer, thank goodness for that.

[ 10-23-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Well.....

I now have 2 Ford Power Strokes... One for my wife and one for me... I have had 2 previous to this.. never traded them in until they hit 250,000 miles..they worked for aliving .. everyday.. from hauling water, horses, hay.. all buy BIG trailers..
can't say they ever saw the repair man much if ever...
The one I have now I pulled factory new horse trailers from featherlite and Titan from Iowa factories to Washington state.. the guy I ran with was driving a Dodge, he's been through 2 tranny's... we pulled double 22' trailers... can't say as I saw him much.. unless it was in my rearview mirror...

just the facts....

now that I think about it, I did see his dodge sweat alot pulling those big hills....

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

I must refrain from discussing this post. My blood pressure will spike, pandering fools would wind up at risk, and I might go to jail. Please, please, please, somebody restore sanity before Nature or worse does it for us!
mad.gif

Ric

As I stated, the Auto transmissions won't hold up in most of the diesels, especially Ford.
Your friend with the Dodge didn't have the new Dodge HO or he wouldn't have had to replace two Auto trannys. They won't put an Automatic in them.

Had he had the HO even with you having the Banks kit, you would have been searching for his tailights the entire trip.

Now put the Banks kit in a HO and look out Pilgram.
grin.gif

Enjoy your Fords, if you ever drive a HO you may just switch.

Max
You have a Dodge diesel or any brand of a diesel truck?

Later
DC

Coming from the owner a truck that burns gas...

It seems to me everyone who has a diesel loves theirs religously. That in itself may speak volumes for diesels in trucks.

My truck goes great down the road, but when I put 4 horses behind it, I notice. My brother has a Duramax with the Allison transmission. He puts 4 horses behind it and says "what trailer?".
The man we buy foxtrotters from has a ford which he uses to pull a trailer back and forth to Missouri with. He loves it and has no complaints.
I guess I don't know anyone who uses a Dodge diesel for real work.

Anyway, I will take a dark green H2 if those are my only options.

QH

Not having one, I guess you really don't know squat about the subject of diesel trucks then do you? It don't matter what brand it is?
grin.gif

Ric and I have had two, three or four of them to make an evaluation. He likes Fords and I like Dodges. That's what makes the truck buisness thrive.

The ranchers around Glenwood and Carbondale all have Dodges and Fords from what I saw and mostly Dodges.
I have had the best luck with a Dodge over my Ford.

Most of the farms back in PA have a lot of Dodges and Fords also.

Never have seen a Chevy with a Jap engine that could do any real work myself, they were always in the Garage, from what a friend of mine says that works on them..

You wouldn't know though, never having one?
tongue.gif

Anyway, it matters not which truck you like or use. The purpose of my platform was to offer a Hummer 2 in every garage.
Bald Eagle wanted a Dodge Diesel instead. I must admit, that would be my pick but after the Hummer 2.

I think I will now add to my agenda, NO foreign engines in domestic trucks. Keep the Jap junk in Japan.
smile.gif

Pick a Detroit (Chevy) , International (Ford) or a Cummins (Dodge) and that's it.
No foreign junk anymore.
smile.gif

Later
DC

As an add on here---I'm back and forth from PA to Ohio pulling cars and vans on a car hauler quite alot.
As a matter of fact I just got in today from PA and was going to go back to PA tonight but, I'm a bit to tired so we will leave in the Morning.
I pulled a car hauler with a van on it and will take a load of lumber back with me tomorrow.

I also have a 26' enclosed trailer that I haul back and forth.
As you see, my Dodge does do the work also.
I just wish it was the HO like my friend has. His also has the Banks kit on it and I have never been in a diesel that runs like that.
Yes, I have driven a Duramax and this Dodge I'm speaking of will eat that up with NO problem.

Maybe I'll trade in my Hummer 2 for the HO with a Banks kit ?

I'll take it to Wyos house and we can line them up and run down the highway.
grin.gif

Hang on Power Stroke, the HO is coming around you on this and every hill.
grin.gif

I've only read 2 pages and I don't think I can take it any more!

Quote "Unemployment insurance checks are not truly handouts. You and I pay into the fund every week (not directly perhaps, but we pay into it never the less). What you get back, when your laid off, does not exceed what has been paid in (called credit weeks) for you. In fact it's often less. In MI you have to work a minimum of 9 months to be elegable for 6 months (at 75% of average net) unemployment (taxable income BTW).
"

Are you kidding?? You don't pay ****. Point 1% That's $1 on every $1000. So, you pay for 9 months and you can receive unemployment for 6 months! Hmmm, lets see, YOU'VE paid in a grand total of $39.00 and now you can be on WELFARE for 6 months because of all the credit weeks! BS.

Unemployment is nothing more than WELFARE for lazy people who had a job once and don't want to say they're on WELFARE but still want the government handout! Go turn off the TV and get a job. That's the cure for "Unemployment".

DC, I hate to rain on your parade, but, without the "Minority Vote" you're in big trouble because I'm sorry to say, It's entirely too Lucrative in this nation to be a "Minority" and I'm afraid, the "Minorities" ARE the Majority!

I often tell the story about years ago when My Mom asked me to help her go through some things on the Attic and help her clean up items after Dads Death. We were looking at all sorts of Heirloom items, truly, and one of the things was a chest of Dad's that had just a laundry list of paperwork, documents, etc. In there, were some pay stubs from Dads first job. Now, He worked at Curtis-Wright as a Tool and Die Maker. This is a few years after serving in the Navy During WW2. (Pearl Harbor Actually). 1946/47 pay Stubs. He made a grand total of $12/Week, and shortly after I saw where he got a raise to $20/Week. I said to Mom, Wow, look, a big raise! She said, Yea, we thought we were on top of the world then. She Vividly remembered the raise and went on to tell me more. The thing was, those pay stubs showed that LESS THAN 5.5% of His GROSS Pay was attached as deductions. At this time, the Federal Government had money falling out it's ***. Now, I look at my pay Stub and the withholding % is Perverse. I'd bet that every one of you out there who do the math will find the amount to be WELL OVER 30% some much closer to 42-45%. Want to know where it goes??? It goes to people who pay $1/week for a year and then instead of getting a job when they get laid off, they suck the rest of the world dry as they sit around doing nothing waiting for the benifits to run out at $600/Week before getting a job. WELFARE! Same people... Just with a different name.

PS. In case noone noticed, I'm one of the people who paid in at the astronomicly higher rate (about 3.5-5%) as a buisiness owner since 1986 but who never had the opportunity to collect. So, if you wonder where the unemployment money comes from, it comes from BUSINESS. It just another tax to choke the country to death supporting lazy scum.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.