Timney 510 for 700 LR

9ptbuk

I'm getting ready to order and install a Timney 510 for my 700 LR, Will I run into any unforseen problems or needed modifications ? Install looks pretty simple .Any advice or comments would be appreciated . Thanks

They are usually plug and play. I ran into some clearance issues with the safety for my Model Seven. Just alittle modification to the inside of the stock(Bell and Carlson) and it worked fine.

Thanks , I appreciate the responses ! I was sorta worried about clearance issues with the safety and trigger lever etc..... Nothing ever seems to go as good as expected :)

I've installed 5 of them on Rem 700s. Only one had fitment issues. It needed just a bit of dremel work to the bottom metal where the side of the trigger was rubbing.

2 of the triggers did need a little tweak: The bolt release mechanism on the trigger is a thin piece of metal. It needs to contact the bolt release lever in the right spot or it won't operate smoothly. I had to bend the thin metal "ear" slightly for smooth operation.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts