Tikka Questions

I finally found this thread again. I won't pretend to be the guy with the answer here, but stumbled across a possible solution on Youtube during a search for something totally different.
The solution was to use a self adhesive Velcro pad(available at most auto parts stores) on the area the ejected shell was striking.

I have a Tikka M995(?) 223, T3 6.5x55, 243, 7rem and 338fed. Ive mounted target and hunting scopes on factory rings, NF rings and trying Tally now. Ive not had an ejection problem arise on anything yet.
James

Thanks for all your input gentlemen. I look forward to trying one out soon. I read what I thought a good analogy about the Tikka comparing it to the Remington 788 in that it was a solid platform and gave the shooter more for their money.

Now I've got the task of picking the caliber. I don't want to go too vanilla with 30-06 or 270. I was leaning strongly towards 270 WSM or 300 WSM. I figured either of those would allow for modified bolt stops and magazines to seat bullets out. The 145 ELD-X sticks pretty far into the case at 2.840 in my Browning.

I have a couple of Tikka's. My T3 Hunter is 260 Rem and I did replace the bolt stop and use
a long action magazine. The load for the 143 ELDX is .04 off the lands. In my bio, you can
see I like the brown and black B&C also! I've been considering another tikka in 270 WSM or
30 WSM specifically because you can use long action magazines. My 260 is very accurate
and is my favorite hunting rifle.

I have a Browning X-Bolt in .300 Win Mag and a Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44 with intermediate Talley rings. With the dust cap off the rounds would strike the windage knob and bounce out. With the dust cap on, half the time they'd bounce back into the receiver. Called Browning and they said it was a known issue and to raise the scope higher. I ended up mounting the scope on a 20 MOA rail with Warne rings and it seems to work fine now. I think the issue is the lower profile receiver forces the brass to have a 45 degree up and out (~1 to 2 o'clock position) ejection angle. When I first had this issue, I searched forums endlessly and apparently it's an issue with a lot of rifles and mostly Mag or WSM calibers. Thinking next scope will have low profile turrets. Beyond that I love the rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.