Tikka Question

I just bought a Tikka M595 in .243 Win. I can't seem to find the twist. Does anyone know what it might be? And what's the heaviest bullet I can use?
Thanks
Mike

This ^^^ right here is your friend. I bought a Tikka 243 with 10tw last yr for a couple kids. It shoots 90 gr ballistic tips well to 500, farthest I tested.
Your elevation, velocities play hard in stabilization, If I was to handload for them, I am positive I could get a Berger 95gr classic hunter to shoot, here at my elevation.

I just bought a Tikka M595 in .243 Win. I can't seem to find the twist. Does anyone know what it might be? And what's the heaviest bullet I can use?
Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike
As noted above they are 1:10" twist
In theory a 100 grain should be ok but I would start with a flat base to keep the length down. 100 grain is the minimum legal weight for larger Deer species in Scotland so they are used quite a lot in .243 over here.
If it will not shoot 100 grain flat base then I suggest the 85 grain Sierra HPBT. A very popular Deer bullet in England where the Law is different
You will at least have fun trying to find a load. :)
Brit.
PS. The Tikka 595 is a really sweet little rifle. The bolt is as slick as a greased weasel. Very popular in UK.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts