Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

I received, yesterday, an email from RMR Bullets (I buy from them occasionally when I have primers to spare LOL). The owner said in part:
"..... YES! To give you guys an idea on how many bullets we have shipped, so far for 2021 our crew of 5 packagers have shipped out 156 pallets via USPS. With an average of about 100k bullets per pallet thats over 15 million bullets so far this year. That doesn't even include the orders that shipped via freight lines. That's JUST USPS flat rate boxes......."
Notice the bold (by me) excerpt. Flat rate boxes are purchases by folks like you and me. 15 million bullets (in just three months) require 15 million primers no wonder there is a shortage. AND this is just one bullet manufacturer.

I spoke to Weatherby about their Ammo and brass issues. Was told that they do not have brass so they don't have the ability to produce. They said that they expect to have ammo available in the fall but reloading brass likely won't be available till the end of the year or early next year.

I think here before too long that Hammer and Berger are going to have to release new high BC pellets. Maybe Hornady and nosler will hop into the mix as well, and everyone will endlessly debate whose pellets kill better at "extreme" extended ranges - like 45 yards.
🤣
My farthest kill on a ground squirrel is 77 yards and plenty past 50 yards. Stated once before my wife just shakes head watching me stalk with cross sticks and range finder.

So let me see:
.177 PRC? Pellet Rifle Champion?
.177 CM? CreepMore?
.177 CS? Cross Stick

.177 PPC? Who has good suggestion?

My farthest kill on a ground squirrel is 77 yards and plenty past 50 yards. Stated once before my wife just shakes head watching me stalk with cross sticks and range finder.

So let me see:
.177 PRC? Pellet Rifle Champion?
.177 CM? CreepMore?
.177 CS? Cross Stick

.177 PPC? Who has good suggestion?
Well, this is a long range hunting site, so no wonder the truly gifted shooters like you are stretching those legs to "ELR" distances like 77 yards!

I would have expected nothing less. 😁

Here is another statement from a bullet manufacturer (RMR Bullets) that affects our components:
".....Basically, you guys were ordering more per day than what we could produce. Also, there is a copper shortage in the US right now that kept us from getting enough strip to fill all of the orders that we had. We've ordered more than enough copper to fill all the orders but the mills are delaying shipment because of the huge increase in demand. Part of why we charge for orders up front is so I can order the copper strip that we will need to fill all the orders. If you have been following the price of copper lately you will see that it has been crazy and steadily increasing every week until now..... "
I posted somewhere on the forums his comments about the 15 MILLION bullets he (only one manufacturer) has shipped in the first 3 months of 2021. I wonder when the demand will diminish? 2022 maybe?

I might suggest to You all to evaluate RWS primers. I shifted to them yeas ago even with sensitive cals like 6br, 6,5-284, 338 lapua, 450 bm etc. Here in Europe we have a hard shortage with American powders, but no problems with euro primers

I might suggest to You all to evaluate RWS primers. I shifted to them yeas ago even with sensitive cals like 6br, 6,5-284, 338 lapua, 450 bm etc. Here in Europe we have a hard shortage with American powders, but no problems with euro primers
I bought a couple flats of Tula primers about 8 years ago. The LRM work great as regular LR primers too.

Maybe read ValuJet crash in Everglades to see what can happen to improperly shipped Hazmat. FBI still looking for the mechanic. Same issue with lithium batteries. So if you throw some primers into a box, end up on plane, shock ignition. Oh yeah, that's worth a couple bucks for sure.

Maybe read ValuJet crash in Everglades to see what can happen to improperly shipped Hazmat. FBI still looking for the mechanic. Same issue with lithium batteries. So if you throw some primers into a box, end up on plane, shock ignition. Oh yeah, that's worth a couple bucks for sure.

Don't forget the FedEx flight that left Chuck Noland stranded on an island for over four years!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.