Thieves Amongst Us

Yeah. I know it is a pain but EVERY time we stop at a hotel all valuables come inside. Scumbags target hotel parking lots because they know travelers have "free goodies" in their vehicles.
Sounds like a lesson learned the hard way.
With antlers selling for $18+ a pound, an elk rack will by a lot of drugs!
Also, a thief targets "out of town" vehicles because they know even if they get caught, chances of the victim returning for court is slim. Who can afford to take off of work and travel 2,000 miles on several occasions just to testify in court?

Yeah. I know it is a pain but EVERY time we stop at a hotel all valuables come inside. Scumbags target hotel parking lots because they know travelers have "free goodies" in their vehicles.
Sounds like a lesson learned the hard way.
With antlers selling for $18+ a pound, an elk rack will by a lot of drugs!
This is exactly the cause. The meth and fentanyl are causing a huge spike in property crime. It is even happening here in TX. It's a shame this happened to this hunter. Something like this which you can find on amazon, probably would help in most cases..

Wsdcam Bike Alarm with Remote 2 Pack, 113dB Wireless Anti-Theft Vibration Motorcycle Bicycle Alarm Vehicle Security Alarm System

Sad to see this happening here in Billings. Looks like more and more folks are stealing these trophies, so stay vigilant folks! Protect yourself and, if buying used goods, ask the right questions. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Even if you get the item in question, it may likely be someone's prized possession.

I just can't fathom the sickness! People are rotten to the core!

I'm pretty sure this guy is one of those wannabe social media fake famous "influencer" types. I do have to wonder if this is all a hoax with "engagement" being the goal. I don't feel sorry for him, this stuff happens all the time, especially in Billings.

I'm pretty sure this guy is one of those wannabe social media fake famous "influencer" types. I do have to wonder if this is all a hoax with "engagement" being the goal. I don't feel sorry for him, this stuff happens all the time, especially in Billings.
You couldn't be more wrong. I know Adam. Salt of the Earth guy and the real deal, hard core hunter. Works as a bush pilot in Alaska and he and his wife adopted 7 disadvantaged native American siblings to keep that family intact. You should really consider refraining from running your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about. I hate to see somebody embarrass themself publicly like you have.

Last edited:
Also, a thief targets "out of town" vehicles because they know even if they get caught, chances of the victim returning for court is slim. Who can afford to take off of work and travel 2,000 miles on several occasions just to testify in court?
Most courts now allow testimony by Zoom. So hopefully prosecutions will increase.

This is exactly the cause. The meth and fentanyl are causing a huge spike in property crime. It is even happening here in TX. It's a shame this happened to this hunter. Something like this which you can find on amazon, probably would help in most cases..

Wsdcam Bike Alarm with Remote 2 Pack, 113dB Wireless Anti-Theft Vibration Motorcycle Bicycle Alarm Vehicle Security Alarm System
Wire that to a AIR bag out of a junk car from the scrapyard. Hell yeah. lol

When we pack our rifles we put them in first , then everything else on top of them , that way by the time the thieves unload the whole truck , the sun is already up , and so are we.
I also take the bolt out of mine and hide it somewhere else in the truck , so if they ever did get the rifle , have fun finding a pre64 bolt .

A little off topic , but worth the comment, another thing I do while out hunting and leaving my truck parked out in the middle of nowhere is , I always leave a cup or coffe cup
On the hood , to make people think, ( he's not far away ) .

Last edited:
Thrives are getting smarter, with weapons stickers and expensive glass stickers. They just steal your truck, drive to your house. Use your garage door opener, wave to your neighbors and help themselves. I know of several people this has happened too. Theives need to be made an example of not sent to jail to become smarter. Just my 2 cents