They will not stop with bump stocks

I don't think the NRA is a paper tiger with the goal to dupe the gun owners into paying dues for the end game of using membership money to erode the gun owning rights of their membership in a sneeky umderhanded way.

I do believe we all need to pay attention to the companies that are denouncing the NRA and pulling products and services to the NRA. We don't have to use their services. Two off the top of my head. Norton anti virus and Delta airlines.

Steve

I don't think the NRA is a paper tiger with the goal to dupe the gun owners into paying dues for the end game of using membership money to erode the gun owning rights of their membership in a sneeky umderhanded way.

I do believe we all need to pay attention to the companies that are denouncing the NRA and pulling products and services to the NRA. We don't have to use their services. Two off the top of my head. Norton anti virus and Delta airlines.

Steve

Well Delta is absolute trash anyway. Lol

When the propaganda news media was promising a Hillary presidency back in early 2016, I decided to become a life member.

you know what the man said:
We-must-indeed-hang-together.gif

An article about the brainwashing and radicalization of a new generation of young dupes.
http://www.trevorloudon.com/2018/02/the-organizers-behind-the-youth-anti-gun-protests/

Interesting article, collectivists have a history of targeting young folks with their ideology. To me, this is another of many IO lines of effort that they are using to shape various factions (women's march etc) to try to set conditions for them to take Congress this November.

We have to stand up and meet this challenge and get every firearm owner to go and vote during the midterms for candidates that will defend the 2nd Amendment.

I'm not saying it's an outright ponzi scheme, it had strong and positive beginnings, but I'm sorry, I must disagree, because the last hundred years or so, they have not fought nearly hard enough for our rights to NOT BE INFRINGED upon by the liberal left, government agencies, and ******* congressmen who don't know crap about guns (like Feinstein & De Leon). I refuse to support the NRA until they fire and re-vote in ALL new board members that actually CARE and will FIGHT for our 2A rights, instead of compromise. Compromise means both sides get screwed. Time we get some wins on our end. Tired of watching the Dems keep getting little victories while our rights slowly erode, and the NRA lets it happen under their watch.

Until they vote in a new board that will fight to pass the HPA, repeal the Hughes Amendment, and possibly repeal SBR's off the registry, then I'm not going to be happy. I want to hear news and see with my own eyes them actually FIGHTING for those rights to be restored.

I will strongly support the NRA if more people like Adam Kraut were to be voted in, and REMOVE people like Marion Hammer... She had the audacity to call other NRA members who are progressive (support suppressors, SBR's, etc...) "The enemy within..." Tell me that's not tell-tale sign she's a no-good shill.

I'm not saying it's an outright ponzi scheme, it had strong and positive beginnings, but I'm sorry, I must disagree, because the last hundred years or so, they have not fought nearly hard enough for our rights to NOT BE INFRINGED upon by the liberal left, government agencies, and ******* congressmen who don't know crap about guns (like Feinstein & De Leon). I refuse to support the NRA until they fire and re-vote in ALL new board members that actually CARE and will FIGHT for our 2A rights, instead of compromise. Compromise means both sides get screwed. Time we get some wins on our end. Tired of watching the Dems keep getting little victories while our rights slowly erode, and the NRA lets it happen under their watch.

Until they vote in a new board that will fight to pass the HPA, repeal the Hughes Amendment, and possibly repeal SBR's off the registry, then I'm not going to be happy. I want to hear news and see with my own eyes them actually FIGHTING for those rights to be restored.

I will strongly support the NRA if more people like Adam Kraut were to be voted in, and REMOVE people like Marion Hammer... She had the audacity to call other NRA members who are progressive (support suppressors, SBR's, etc...) "The enemy within..." Tell me that's not tell-tale sign she's a no-good shill.

You cannot change anything by setting on the outside looking in.

You cannot change anything by setting on the outside looking in.
You're right, but sometimes when you're already in and looking out, you also can't see the forest for all the trees...

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion on this, and support whoever they want, that's what makes America great. I am not going to judge anyone any different...I still have respect for everyone here, because this is a personal opinion we all have, whether one side or the other, I just expect the same respect in return.

That being said, you're not going to change my opinion of them. Only THEY can change my opinion of them. And my current opinion is that I don't support organizations with a board full of members who claim to support one thing, then behind closed doors, say something else. And a board full of members who claim to support our 2A rights, but don't want to get the HPA passed, and helped write the Hughes Amendment and advised Reagan to sign it, to shut the Dems up about gun control. That's not ok, because they will never stop, until they get full disarmament. And now Trump is doing that same crap again with the bump stocks, with the NRA's blessing, because they were the ones who immediately opened their mouths after Vegas. Until the NRA rights their wrongs, and starts supporting ALL facets of guns and gun accessories (bump stocks, suppressors, aftermarket triggers, SBR's, etc...) I am not going to be a big fan of their's.

So, let's agree to disagree, and move-on with the conversation.

Last edited:
Sorry to correct you mate but as an Aussie hunter I found your comment hilarious, I currently have three rifles and am thinking about buying a fourth, a very nice 6.5 Creedmore. We even have semi autos, 50 BMGs ,338 Lapuas and others, Here's the thing, the semi autos require the owners to be farmers, pest controllers or land holders with a need, or in the case of the high calibres, be a member of a gun club. I'm not taking sides here, just correcting the fake news that pervades American gun forums, that we Aussies are all disarmed .. it is simply a lie, in fact since our infamous gun buy back, we now have more guns than ever... and most Aussies think it's better that teenagers and nut cases can't buy a semi auto AR 15 with 300 round capacity mags. I know about your 2nd Amendment, but doesn't it qualify the amendment with that gun ownership being dependant on the owner being part of "a well armed and organised militia"? . Freedom of speech goes two ways, taking an extreme view or using extremely emotive language will do your "cause" no good. Cheers

Mudrunner2005. When we as gun owners should stand together, you decide to bash the NRA on a gun forum. Wow!!

@Wizard of Oz the issue is American culture. We have different culture than Australians. We don't feel like we need to justify anything to anyone. Additionally with the teenager "issue" in America that's when we legally recognize you as an adult. You can vote, take out a loan, buy a car, buy a house, get an apartment, work a real job, join the military...etc. if you're mature enough to do all that then why can't you own a firearm? I'm all for raising the age to own a firearm UNDER the one condition that you raise the age for every other right. So now you're legally an adult at 21. If we can't trust you to point a rifle in a safe direction, then how can we trust you to pick the next leader of America??

Another thing that no one seems to understand about the 2A is that it's not for hunting, recreation, or whatever other hobby. It's for self preservation and defense against the government. The individual makes up the militia. Additionally the national guard was the militia, but it's has become so interwoven into the federal system with funding and training requirements that they are practically a federal force. One call from the president and your national guard is now under federal authority.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.