The MeatMobile is in business!

Before
View attachment 525745

After
View attachment 525746

4 cheese smoked Mac and cheese with bacon. This was outstanding. I'm normally the most critical of my own cooking but this was one of the best m&c I can remember having. The pics just don't do it justice. If anyone wants to try this recipe I will type it up and post here later this evening.
Please do...that looks yummy.

Wife spoiled me and got me a Traeger for Christmas this year. Got it put together yesterday and fired up for a first cook. Did some pork loin for supper last night and it came out great. I plan to document my smoking journey in the thread so feel free to follow along.

View attachment 525179
One of our Shareholders at our Range donated a Traeger to the clubhouse, but i don't know how to use it. I have to learn, we are staying at the range for four days and just using the propane grill.
That food looks ssoooo GOOD!!!!

4 Cheese Smoked Mac and Cheese

8oz block of cream cheese

1 cup each of Gruyere, smoked Gouda and white Cheddar shredded off the block. (You can sub any cheese you want but this combo worked very well together)

3 1/4 cups of half and half (if you want it REALLY creamy use 4 cups)

16oz pack of macaroni, shells or whatever you prefer.

1 package of bacon (two would allow you to put bacon in the Mac as well as on top)

Enough shredded Colby jack/cheddar cheese (pre shredded from store) to cover top of tray

1 1/2-2 cups of panko bread crumbs

1 stick of butter - melted

1. Preheat to 220
  2. Smoke cream cheese at 200 for about 90 min.
  3. Boil water and noodles while cream cheese is smoking. Cook approx two min shorter than package suggests. Drain.
  4. Add cream cheese to half and half and mix with a whisk. Make sure cream cheese is mixed in and no lumps. Put back on smoker for another 30min.
  5. Combine cream cheese, half and half with Gruyère, Gouda and cheddar. Combine well and then add cooked noodles. Stir in noodles until coated with mixture.
  6. Melt butter and combine with panko so that most of the panko is coated with the butter.
  7. Add Colby/cheddar to top of noodles followed by panko bread crumbs.
  8. Put tray back on the smoker at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

At this point I pulled the tray and it was plenty done. If you wanted the topping more golden you could leave it a little longer til you get the color you want.

One of our Shareholders at our Range donated a Traeger to the clubhouse, but i don't know how to use it. I have to learn, we are staying at the range for four days and just using the propane grill.
That food looks ssoooo GOOD!!!!
It's super easy Len. Think like setting an oven but for BBQ! Y'all will love it.

This is happening now…
IMG_9165.jpeg

IMG_9166.jpeg

Almost finished product. I'm not gonna lie I was in such a hurry to eat that I forgot the final product picture this go round. But here's what the cook looked like.

Smoked with mesquite at 300 degrees and took about 2.5 hours until they were pulled at 160 to rest for about 10 minutes. Birds were dry rubbed with Meat Church Gospel seasoning and were roughly 3-4 pounds each. Basted with butter a little over half way through the cook.

These birds came out ridiculously juicy. I had a juice overflow on my cutting board when I was breaking the birds down. This will be a regular staple from now on. So good.