The latest anti gun IO tactic being used

jbs2014

So there I was Friday night listening to Michael Savage on my way home from work. He was discussing the recent events in Florida and he had a caller that claimed to be an avid firearm enthusiast who owned a Glock 9mm (odd he did not specify the model). After he emphasised his "firearm enthusiasm" multiple times he went on to say that he is in favor of strict gun control laws and extensive background checks and then went on to say, falsely, that anyone can buy a firearm from a gun show with out a background check.

I have seen this false narrative on social media and the comments section on various articles of individuals trying to make the case for stricter gun laws and then finishing their statement with "I am also a gun owner" or something to that effect. Don't believe them for a second.

What the antigun crown is trying to do, again, is create the false narrative that almost everyone , to include gun owners, desires stricter background checks and "reasonable" (whatever that means) gun laws.

If one were to press them on their firearm knowledge or even ask them some specifics about the make and model of the firearm that they supposedly own I bet the truth of their firearm ownership would be evident quite fast and their true intentions evident.

This just goes to show that even though we won this latest battle the war is far from over. Lets not get complacent and lets continue the fight with the same vigor as before

Yep, just because we have the anti gun crowd under foot doesn't mean they can't still speak.

When we see the I'm a gun owner but.......we have to call them out. There are plenty of them on yahoo comments. They also poll about 1000 or so people and report the results as X% OF AMERICANS! Any percentage of 1000 people is not even really a statistic. EX senator Mark Udall sent an email claiming 90% of Americans including gun owners support Obama's gun control efforts. I replied by telling him I had polled 10 of my friends and 9 disapproved of his job performance. I then asked him to resign based on a 90% disapproval rating.

quote=wackinandstackin243;1279327]When we see the I'm a gun owner but.......we have to call them out. There are plenty of them on yahoo comments. They also poll about 1000 or so people and report the results as X% OF AMERICANS! Any percentage of 1000 people is not even really a statistic. EX senator Mark Udall sent an email claiming 90% of Americans including gun owners support Obama's gun control efforts. I replied by telling him I had polled 10 of my friends and 9 disapproved of his job performance. I then asked him to resign based on a 90% disapproval rating.[/quote]

Nice, I like figures. He should've resigned based on his own figures. 90% is 90%

I should get that Anzion Ironworks 20mm and when the ATF tries to raise a fuss about class III weapons and such I will say that the gun "identifies" with being a 22LR so therefore it is a 22LR (a trans-non NFA firearm) and no class III needed. Apparently this sort of logic is applied to bathrooms in various states

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.