The Fast And Accurate Absolute Hammer 🔥🎯

Now I will say this as a long time AR guy the CCI 400's have a lighter cup than the 41's and 450's( which are basically the same) and can pop with the AR firing pin with standard loads. That being said in the video I can see what looks like ejector marks and gas leakage around the primers.

just wanted to say thanks for the video the more info that the public has to work with the better.

don't get too excited about the QL pressures there is a few different bullet profiles that don't predict very well in QL. I would put Hornady's brass closer to the 65000 psi than 69000 psi but that has been my experience.

keep the videos coming, I always enjoy seeing other people's methods and experiences.

So the pierced primers and ejector marks aren't signs of pressure?
Not necessarily. Just because a CCI 400 popped doesn't mean much, I won't even use them for full-house 223 Rem loads. I'd be using Federal GM205MARs for this, I switched when Rem 7.5s were hard to find haven't had any problems in subs, 6x45, or 223.

Now I will say this as a long time AR guy the CCI 400's have a lighter cup than the 41's and 450's( which are basically the same) and can pop with the AR firing pin with standard loads. That being said in the video I can see what looks like ejector marks and gas leakage around the primers.
Glad I'm not only one experiencing this CCI 400's I was using those with my stinger and about every 10th round would pierce.

What looks like gas leakage was me coloring the bottom of the case with a black sharpie to identify #400's from #450's.

Not necessarily. Just because a CCI 400 popped doesn't mean much, I won't even use them for full-house 223 Rem loads. I'd be using Federal GM205MARs for this, I switched when Rem 7.5s were hard to find haven't had any problems in subs, 6x45, or 223.
Back in the day when you could buy those!!! I've got about 4K of CCI 400's and a few thousand 450's. Unfortunately I've got 3 bricks of Win Primers. They are the WORST!!!

Don't forget about the Hammer Pressure Masking Technology. 🤣🤣🤣🤔. Pressure signs that show up with other bullets can't be seen when using Hammers even though it is actually there. 💨😮😁. I couldn't resist.

I'm glad that you finally admitted it. I noticed this a long time ago!

And remember - don't ruin the Hammer Trails on your about-to-be-released bullets. 🤣

I know what your saying about the 400's, I have seen it in a .223 ai with a standard rem 700. However, I see obvious ejector marks as well as craters on the 450's, especially the heavier of the two charges. I know you will get more velocity with the hammers, but they aren't "masking" any pressure, it's plainly there on those loads.
Screenshot_20230121-194708_Samsung Internet.jpg

I know what you're saying about the 400's, I have seen it in a .223 ai with a standard rem 700. However, I see obvious ejector marks as well as craters on the 450's, especially the heavier of the two charges. I know you will get more velocity with the hammers, but they aren't "masking" any pressure, it's plainly there on those loads.
View attachment 430762
I think most 6 arc loads show ejector marks on brass. I am used to it, he is 200 fps faster than me. I am using varget in a 20" proof barrel at 2900 fps, if I switched to a ball powder I could probably gain more but I hunt a lot in cold weather and varget is the best for that.

So, you switched to primers with a harder cup, still have significant ejector marks, but you think pressure is ok? I would guess you are mid 70000's….

Hopefully you are shooting in 120F weather….what temp are you shooting in? An increase in temperature will rapidly accelerate your pressure. Which will rapidly accelerate your bolt failure.

Are you aware of the early fatigue failure mode with the 6 ARC in AR's? At 60,000 psi, AR15 bolts fatigue way early without warning, so AR's use 52,000 psi data. Hmm, I would suggest you get with a qualified engineer also you can accurately identify when your bolt will blow up in your face.

I seriously mean no disrespect, but it seems like you are not understanding what the bolt fatigue failure mode is or what it will look like.

I think most 6 arc loads show ejector marks on brass. I am used to it, he is 200 fps faster than me. I am using varget in a 20" proof barrel at 2900 fps, if I switched to a ball powder I could probably gain more but I hunt a lot in cold weather and varget is the best for that.
Just the other day my buddy and I went through 40 rounds factory hornady 6 arc in his ar to make some brass for loading, and not a single ejector mark on any of them. That also doesn't explain the primer craters. Those are not minor ejector marks either. Pressure signs are pressure signs, it doesn't really matter what the chamber dimensions are. You can hide pressure signs with less body taper and steeper shoulders, but that only means you are even higher pressure when signs show up. And if your at 2900, then he is pretty much 300 fps faster than you, not 200. Data shows 2750 in a 18.5" gas gun from hornady, add about 40-60 fps for a 20", then add another 100fps or so for the absolute bullet, and you are about right.

The 450 primers are not as flattened because, as zen stated, they have thicker cups, the same reason they didn't get pierced, so it takes more pressure to flatten them. The same reason winchester primers will often look flat as a pancake with standard loads, the material they use flattens easier. The 450's are still showing craters though, even with the tougher cup. That alone CAN be from needing the fireing pin bushed, but when coupled with the obvious ejector mark, and the 300+ fps over published data (I know these bullets get more velocity than is standard, but this is significant) kind of tells what is going on.

I respect you Zen, and enjoy your content, this is not a dig on you in any way brother, so I hope you don't take it that way. But please be safe.

Last edited:
I've played with a lot of Absolute Hammers but when I got my 6ARC 345 FPS over published data. I was thrilled. I've pulled this off with a bolt gun but never in a small case AR15.
This is my version of helping those who wanna get in on the speed game.
Going on our annual MLD Deer hunt this weekend can't wait to see how these zippers do!
View attachment 427380

What was your oal seating to the second band? I didn't catch that in the video. Ready to give these a try in my 26" 7twist McGowen barreled AR-15. It currently shoots 100TGK's at 2725, but would like to give these a shot. All my mags are windowed so I can seat to 2.355" if need be.

Reuben

So why do I feel like the luckiest person in the world when it come to cci400's! I use them in 5.56, 6.5gren, 6.8spc2 and 300bo (sometimes 450's) and haven't had any pierce nor gas leak around the primer. I don't load average loads, I load hot to near hot.