Thanksgiving Day Buck

Randominator

I had consistently been seeing bucks each day of the Kentucky firearms season, but everything was on the small size. I did let two nice bucks walk as I thought that my son may be able to get a shot on them, but they both turned before making it to his stand.

This nice mature buck came through Thanksgiving morning around 9:50. He presented a shot opportunity at 122 yards standing quartered towards me. The bullet entered inside his right shoulder, clipped the top of his heart and exited the rear of the left lung. He ran a quick 10 yard circle and expired.

He was very wide measuring 18" inside spread, but had short points for his size. Both the landowner and myself think its an older deer on the downside.

thumbnail_IMG_1549.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1552.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1553.jpg

Shooting an Encore with a 18" MGM barrel chambered in 7-08 using a 140 grain Remington Core-lokt at 2610 fps.

I like the pistol. Hoping to kill a deer with my tc one of these days. Thinking of getting a 30 herret barrel. I run with a super 14" 223 barrel now for coyotes. Killed a ton with it since I got it. I have a can for it too lol. But way to fun. It is my toy of choice currently.