Terminator T2 Muzzle Break

Montana73

I am thinking about installing a Terminator T2 Muzzle Break for my magnum. I like the potential recoil reduction for target shooting. However, I don't want it hunting where I'd only shoot one or two shots.

My question is, with this specific muzzle reducer installed, can you take it off and still shoot the rifle? Does it have exposed threads when it come off? If so, what do you do with that?

Any experience with this reducer would be appreciated.

Reason I asked is that my cousin has this brake on his custom gun but when he tried to book with a Colorado outfitters they don't allow muzzle breaks on guns. He had to switch to his non brake gun for this fall.

Seems to be more and more common for outfitters?

Reason I asked is that my cousin has this brake on his custom gun but when he tried to book with a Colorado outfitters they don't allow muzzle breaks on guns. He had to switch to his non brake gun for this fall.

Seems to be more and more common for outfitters?

This is just "me" but the outfitter/guide should wear ear protection with or without a muzzle brake. For the price of a guided hunt, "I" should be allowed to use a muzzle brake or find me another that will accommodate it ... but that's just "me".

I have to agree with Feenix. That is somewhat ridiculous, especially considering the number of rifles that come factory with brakes, not taking into account the custom rifles made. They are getting paid thousands of dollars to be professional guides, they can afford electronic ear pro.

Brakes afford the shooter the ability to spot their shots, which is very important. They also make a rifle more shootable, and can make a shooter more precise. I honestly would look for another guide.

But to answer the original question, you can take one on and off, and you will need to get a thread protector. It will more than likely change your poi and may also make an accurate load not as accurate. Things you will have to check at distance before season.

I would definitely be finding a new guide, if it was me. Otherwise, verify dope with the brake removed, and tweak the load as necessary.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.