Tbac suppressor mount

hunter87

About to pull the trigger on my first suppressor it will be a tbac 338 ultra gen 2 or the new 338 gen 2-rr. My main question is for people that have tbac suppressors with the cb mount, do you ever have a problem with the can coming loose, and wishing you had the sr mount, or is the sr mount on a bolt gun not worth the extra cost and just get a cb can. Just wondering if the extra cost of the sr mount is needed on a bolt gun.

Never had a problem with loosening, the timing can be a pain in the rear sometimes with the brake but you have the peel washers. I always torque to spec with rockset.

The only time i ever had an issue was trusting a gunsmith to torque to spec w rockset and he didnt and the brake came off with the can, then i had to remove the brake - fun

Love it.
I can loosen the lock ring and have it locked on another rifle in less than 20 seconds.
Also noticed someone asked about direct thread.
TBAC does not have a DT 338 ultra suppressor.
SR or CB only.

For my 338 Ultra, I ended up going with the Area 419 mounts - definitely less expensive than buying a bunch of the CB mounts. Makes swapping between rigs very simple and mounting the brake again only takes seconds.

I run TBAC CBs on 14 of my rifles. I swap cans around between those rifles. If you snug the cans to the CB on tight, they shouldn't loosen up.

Thousands of rounds with my cans mounted up.

Recent Posts