Target of Opportunity

HawkeyeFan

Today while driving to cut wood I saw a coyote headed toward a brush pile. Since I had my muzzleloader in case I encountered a deer I decided to take a long poke at the varmint. To my surprise the yote headed to a closer brush pile and didn't seem to notice me at all. Long story short I popped it at 30 yds. with a 275 grain .45 powerbelt and 100 grains of 777. A traditional coyote load indeed! I tell this story as I would like to hear other stories of yotes taken while not actually coyote hunting. I have killed 5 in my life and only the first was when I was actually hunting them. The rest were all during deer hunting, checking cattle, or saw them behind the house. By the way that first one was when I was 16 and I used a Win. 94 .30-30 and 170 gr. Silvertip. Another traditional yote slayer.

Please share,

HawkeyeFan

I remember a big male that fell to a 3" load of #4 while trying to side sneak my turkey decoy at 12yards a bunch of years ago....that was BIG dog. Man didn't he make some noise when those BB's hit him!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.