Swarovski Doubler

I guess I am in the minority but I really like the 1.7x with my 85mm BTX. I was doing some scouting the past few days and it came in very handy. We glassed up a bachelor herd at 3.75 miles on 30x power and put in the extender and could tell approximately Their frame size. This was in not ideal conditions looking towards the sun with quite a bit of mirage. I also used it with perfect evening lighting and could easily tell I was looking at does from 2-3 miles out. The conditions do need to be good for the best image (low mirage, sun at your back and not too dark) but the same thing applies to any high magnification spotting scope. I compared it with my kowa 774 before I sold the kowa and determined the BTX with the extender could replace the kowa for field judging, IMO. The ability to do so with both eyes seals the deal. Mostly my BTX is used at 30x but I can say it's nice to have the extender and not need to own the ATX eyepiece or pack a separate spotter.

I guess I am in the minority but I really like the 1.7x with my 85mm BTX. I was doing some scouting the past few days and it came in very handy. We glassed up a bachelor herd at 3.75 miles on 30x power and put in the extender and could tell approximately Their frame size. This was in not ideal conditions looking towards the sun with quite a bit of mirage. I also used it with perfect evening lighting and could easily tell I was looking at does from 2-3 miles out. The conditions do need to be good for the best image (low mirage, sun at your back and not too dark) but the same thing applies to any high magnification spotting scope. I compared it with my kowa 774 before I sold the kowa and determined the BTX with the extender could replace the kowa for field judging, IMO. The ability to do so with both eyes seals the deal. Mostly my BTX is used at 30x but I can say it's nice to have the extender and not need to own the ATX eyepiece or pack a separate spotter.
I have the 85mm objective as well and I totally agree with you. I use my magnifier all the time and really like it. General consensus of those with the 95 is pretty negative though when the magnifier is added. I think the additional magnification the 95 has is just a little too much for the objective diameter???

I have the 85mm objective as well and I totally agree with you. I use my magnifier all the time and really like it. General consensus of those with the 95 is pretty negative though when the magnifier is added. I think the additional magnification the 95 has is just a little too much for the objective diameter???
Maybe so. I actually tested all 3 objectives before I settled on 85 and I remember the 95 plus doubler seemed like a little much, but it worked great with the 85. And not so well with the 65. Still totally usuable and helpful IMO but not ideal.