Swaro EL owners- how to attach to tripod?

jpfrog

I just bought a pair of 12x50 ELs and although I plan to have them strapped in a harness most of the time while moving, I want to be able to mount them to a tripod for glassing sessions. I've seen the outdoorsman stud option, as well as the tripod adaptor that has a strap on it. How are you all doing this? What are the pros/cons of each?

For my tripod- I have a Sunwayfoto ball-head mount that uses the Arca QD plate. How do the Outdoorsman studs or the adaptor "strap" options work with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Swarovski also offers a set up that is somewhat like a bungee cord that goes across the binos and mounts to the tripod. I haven't used or owned one, just saw pictures so can't vouch for it beyond that.

The Outdoorsman's stud install doesn't affect the Swaro warranty either. I've had it on every pair of ELs including the 8x32's.

Gray Ops makes an arca adapter for the bino adapter that will not rotate when you tighten it.

I use an arca clamp on my tripod and have rails on my rifles and a rail for the bino and spotter. I use a 15.00 rail and ski strap. IMO it works very well.
D978DBE8-FE45-4CB9-BDD8-39055149CB5A.jpeg
F5517469-5741-43FC-95C1-60D712AC66DE.jpeg
10D7C54A-A9A0-4E58-AA13-0CF1FF353ED3.jpeg

Another option is to go with RRS set up. A buddy has this one. I haven't played it yet but I like the design from a compactness stand point etc.

I am going to send my EL range 10x42 to outdoorsmans to fit the adapter. For those binos, should I go with the short or tall adapter?

Swarovski 49185

Swarovski UTAs Universal Tripod Adapter

BH #SWUTAS • MFR #49185

3 reviews

3 Questions, 6 Answers
Swarovski
Authorized Dealer

1545841389_1450211.jpg

1545840944_IMG_1116811.jpg

Key Features
  • Mount Binoculars on a Tripod
  • For SLC 42, EL, and EL Range Binoculars
  • Rubber Strap Secures Optic to Base Tray
  • Arca-Swiss Compatible QR Plate
Show More
Use the Swarovski Optik UTAs Universal Tripod Adapter to quickly, easily, and safely mount your SLC 42, EL, and EL Range Binoculars onto a tripod for hands-free use—from the small EL 8x32 all the way up to the EL 12x50. While it is specifically designed for these families of binoculars, the UTAs will work on most other mid-sized binoculars that are not outfitted with a traditional threaded socket on the bridge hinge. Instead this adapter has a tray that the binocular rests on, with a rubber strap that hold the optic in place without marking or marring the armor. The bottom of the tray has an Arca-type compatible plate to fit into quick release bases and heads as well as a larger 3/8"-16 and smaller standard 1/4"-20 tripod mounts.

Swarovski 49185

BH #SWUTAS • MFR #49185
3 reviews
3 Questions, 6 Answers
Swarovski
Authorized Dealer
1545841389_1450211.jpg

1545840944_IMG_1116811.jpg

Key Features
  • Mount Binoculars on a Tripod
  • For SLC 42, EL, and EL Range Binoculars
  • Rubber Strap Secures Optic to Base Tray
  • Arca-Swiss Compatible QR Plate
Show More
Use the Swarovski Optik UTAs Universal Tripod Adapter to quickly, easily, and safely mount your SLC 42, EL, and EL Range Binoculars onto a tripod for hands-free use—from the small EL 8x32 all the way up to the EL 12x50. While it is specifically designed for these families of binoculars, the UTAs will work on most other mid-sized binoculars that are not outfitted with a traditional threaded socket on the bridge hinge. Instead this adapter has a tray that the binocular rests on, with a rubber strap that hold the optic in place without marking or marring the armor. The bottom of the tray has an Arca-type compatible plate to fit into quick release bases and heads as well as a larger 3/8"-16 and smaller standard 1/4"-20 tripod mounts.
Thank you- I've read that but I like the PERSONAL experiences that have been shared by members on this forum so far. I would love to try the DIY option mentioned but I think I might go with the Outdoorsman stud option- I think it'll work well for my needs and intended purpose, and it won't void the warranty!