SW CO 1st Season was a great outing

bamban

A friend on the forum, @Predator 22, helped me through the hunt and he was very patient with me. Due to my physical limitations, I had to stop walking every so many yards. He helped me get through the tough-for-me walk through the canyons due to my severe Asthma. Besides taking me out through the San Juan mountain, he put me up at their place. The family hospitality was very best. I have to make the public acknowledgement for it.

We had great time. He put me on a bull, but it was not legal size, antlers wise. I had it on my crosshairs, the very first for me to have a majestic animal in the wild in my view. That alone was worth the trip.

In addition, I never had muley stop and posed for a picture at 50 yards from me.

I will be back.
20231017_080500.jpg
20231016_120230.jpg
20231015_160932.jpg
20231013_081636.jpg

Last edited:
A friend on the forum, @Predator 22, helped me through the hunt and he was very patient with me, due to my physical limitations, I had to stop walking every so many yards. He helped me get through the tough-for-me walk through the canyons due to my severe Asthma. Besides taking me out through the San Juan mountain, he put me up at their place. The family hospitality was very best. I have to make the public acknowledgement for it.

We had great time. He put me on a bull, but it was not legal size, antlers wise. I had it on my crosshairs, the very first for me to have a majestic animal in the wild in my view. That alone was worth the trip.

In addition, I never had muley stop and posed for a picture at 50 yards from me.

I will be back.
View attachment 503570View attachment 503571View attachment 503572View attachment 503573
Great trip. We are happy for you!
Len & Jill

A fine hunt! Going slow is the exact way I hunt. A couple of steps and lots of looking.
The San Juans are magnificent! You should return in the summer and fish when Texas is brutally hot!

That's awesome that you took the opportunity to get out and get it on. You're hooked!

I hunt just north of the San Juan's and will be flying out tomorrow. Coming from sea level, it takes me two days to get used to the altitude, but I still suck wind climbing up to the treelines.