Suppressor help

Ruckmanite

So let me tell my story, I bought a sweet Banish 30 and love it. Well I had my .308 threaded by a local guy while waiting on the ATF and I put a muzzle break on it, took it to the range and it was nicking the break slightly. I took it back the the gunsmith, he cleaned up the threads and now it does not hit the break and shoots great. Well IU have my suppressor in and I'm scared to put it on it lol. I bought an alignment rod to check it and it looks off. If it shoot fine through a break, shouldnt it shoot fine through the suppressor? Anyone else ever experienced this?

thanks for any help.
Jeff

If you used a crush washer with your brake, that could have contributed to the problem since those washers don't crush square. Your barrel thread probably has a relief cut at the back of the thread that will allow the washer to drop into the groove and sit way off center as it's crushed. If your brake was installed directly with no crush washer, then your suppressor will end up the same. Bore/Thread concentrically is talked about a lot, but doesn't make much difference since it only side shifts the can. It doesn't angle it. It would take a huge side shift to get a strike, but it only takes a tiny amount of angle to do the same.

Tony

Here is one photo

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 100