Suppressor for 10.5" Pin & Weld AR

Hoss50

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a suppressor for a 556 AR with 10.5" barrel that I can pin and weld to the gun to make it a 16" integral suppressor gun?

I want something that isn't super heavy but will take some decent fire rate. No full auto or crazy mag dumps, but normal semi auto fire rates.

https://www.gemtech.com/product/trek-ii
Gemtech Trek. Has hole pre-drilled in mount for pin.
Have one on my 14.5", suppresses well.
Trek II.jpeg

if your using a rifle lower that was on a 4473 , then just buy a stripped lower
it will be other on a 4473 and build a pistol . that way the suppressor on a form 4
can go on any rifle ,, I would go a 30 cal on your suppressor so it will fit
anything from a 300 WM to a 223/5.56 mm . for myself i sure wouldn't want a suppressor
like you listed here , just don't make sense to me.

my 10.5 I use on alterative hunting season in MO .
10.5 with a Resonator K .

Last edited:
you would think that a setup like he mentioned that both end caps must be welded .
if it was screwed endcap and you removed the body then you just broke the ATF Law ..
like on my YHM the end cap threads are 1.375X24 threads

i was wondering if end cap was threaded, ie it would be similar to those super long flash hiders that use to be sold for 11.5 AR barrels, 5.5" fh that would be pinned. Those are ATF legal. You unscrew end cap and take out baffle and be able to clean it.

Personally i wouldnt do the pinning with either one because
1.) the ATF could literally tomorrow say its not legal and 2.) the cleaning of both barrel and can perm attached would be a pain in the rear end.

Personally i wouldnt do the pinning with either one because
1.) the ATF could literally tomorrow say its not legal and 2.) the cleaning of both barrel and can perm attached would be a pain in the rear end.
Correct, it can not be removed for cleaning. I would not want to looses a cleaning patch in suppressor and you would be unable to clean crown/muzzle. Mine is on an SBR.
A pistol build under cuurent laws (?) would make sense, and if that changes, SBR it then.

The liberty precision machine one is pretty nice. It does have a removable endcap for cleaning. I was doubtful the regs said you cant remove the endcap. Thats the only way id consider pinning one.

Griffin Armament has a GP5 (223) and a GP7 (7.62) that are pin and weld they both are 1.5" in diameter so they fit inside many hand guards. The pin is included, the cap is not removable. I have one and it's plenty quiet for me. Retail on the GP5 is $550 ad $650 for the GP7 which is what pointed me in it direction to start with.

I clean using my normal procedure… patches go towards the muzzle only and I've not had any problems.
I haven't experienced any accuracy issues but most of my AR shooting is inside of 400. I imagine if you are trying to shoot matches at extended range then perhaps a barrel and crown that is not super clean may pose a problem. I just never owned an AR that is repeatable and accurate enough to be able to notice a difference. I don't know anyone with one either.

Recent Posts