Sunglasses for hunting

concretesteady

Does anyone have suggestions for good sunglasses to use while hunting? There are good glasses for fishing and shooting, but I haven't seen any specifically made for hunting.

Most optometrist carry at least 1 pair of safety glasses that can be had in tinted flavours, and if not a 4eyeguy they can have plain lenses that come super cheap.

Side note, I avoid polarized shades as they have always bugged me while looking through a scope

Definitely make sure they are polarized to block the damaging uv rays. Non polarized let your eyes dilate open cuz they feel shaded but they let in the UV light.
Any of your fishing glasses will work great, don't overthink it. I have some Sunclouds and shady Ray's I've used. I don't look thru optics with shades on tho.

I don't wear fancy sunglasses anymore hunting. I could do without.

They make glints that game pick up on. Polarize make it harder to see into shadows and edge habitat that they usually bed in.

I was always switching between sunglass and my binos. It gets old real quick by day one…8 hours in. I've left them on my head and lost a few $200-300 pairs of Oakley's, moving through thick's.

Now I just bring a cheaper pair of Oakley's …and pretty much only wear them on the hike in. When I start hunting, I leave them in the top lid of my pack. Rarely when I'm hiking in, and I stumble to into game, I'll flip the glass on my head and put it under my hat to keep from getting busted, since I do a lot of Archery hunting.

I've worn Ray Ban Wayfarers since the 80's. Never have found a need to look farther. Now that I've been wearing progressive lenses for ~20 years I wear the same Wayfarers with nonreflective coatings, UV protection, shatter proof lenses and polarization, etc... (every option I can add to the top-end lenses). Completely satisfied in all my pursuits and passions.

RCI Optics makes some fine non-coated Z87+ ballistic rated shades that don't reflect. I also have some old mil spec glasses I wear.

i carry two pairs of tight fitting safety glasses style. one clear and one with sun protection. clear for early morning and sun pro for when, well - its sunny!

ive had too many branches and spider webs and dirt get in my eyes when not wearing something. as a contact lens wearer dirt is very bad…

never had an issue with spooking game that i would blame on my eye protection.

A short story to share. I was Couse Deer hunting in southern AZ 5 or so years ago. We watched some illegals with bales of dope on their backs. We called it in and watched the Border Patrol helicopter arrive and start a search. We then watched a couple of ground BP guys in chase of the illegals. One had mirrored sunglasses and in full camo. His sunglasses were constantly reflecting and flashing. He was so easy to spot and track through the brush. We eventually had a chance to talk with the two guys on the ground and we told him about his sunglasses. He was very surprised and said he was going to make a change.

It was a lesson learned for me about wearing of having sunglasses on my hat.

Costa Del Mar with the glass lenses are my go-to. Don't scratch nearly as bad as polycarbonate. They ain't cheap and it's pretty painful when you leave a pair on a glassing point (just did it this last weekend), but to me, they're essential gear. My grandfather spent the last 20+ years of his life almost completely blind from Macular Degeneration. Runs in the family. Supposedly polarized glasses is one of the best defenses against it.

Costa Del Mar with the glass lenses are my go-to. Don't scratch nearly as bad as polycarbonate. They ain't cheap and it's pretty painful when you leave a pair on a glassing point (just did it this last weekend), but to me, they're essential gear. My grandfather spent the last 20+ years of his life almost completely blind from Macular Degeneration. Runs in the family. Supposedly polarized glasses is one of the best defenses against it.
I like the Costa with plastic lens. I have dropped too many pairs with glass lens and they crack real easy. Never cracked the plastic. The warranty now is pretty awesome. They will replace the lens no questions asked and no fees anymore but I have already switched all mine to plastic and don't want to buy another repair of $200+ Plus glasses again for a long long time