Straight jacket armory?

If you research Sherman and proof from a couple years ago there was a huge issue with bores and pressures. Hence the B spec reamer coming out and proof opening up bores a little. My guess is you had one of the pre- B spec jobs and now you are paying for it.

Research and you will see it was a huge problem
Not a proof barrel well aware of that issue and before the brass change which caused the A vs B

Not a proof barrel
So looking at our logs (I spent a couple hours looking for a full rifle which I can't find) we sold 2 stainless barrels only to two different guys. They were not full builds so if that's a full build someone else spun it together I'm guessing, unless this just somehow got deleted from our old system? I PM to figure out exactly what's going on.

Last edited:
So looking at our logs (I spent a couple hours looking for a full rifle which I can't find) we sold 2 stainless barrels only to two different guys. They were not full builds so if that's a full build someone else spun it together I'm guessing, unless this just somehow got deleted from our old system? I PM to figure out exactly what's going on.
I responded. It was carbon. We will continue via pm

We have heard of a couple "Smiths" buying our barrels and screwing them on an action and calling it a barreled action. We have since started doing something unique to the barrels to let us know if it was just a barrel sent out or a barreled action. If you send me the serial of the action I can tell you in a few seconds if it was just a barrel or the whole thing. My guess is it was one of the smiths buying our barrels and upselling
I cant bite my toungue any longer. So after you telling a friend of mine that you have never sold a barreled action in that caliber. We came to the firm conclusion last night that this particular barreled action did in fact leave your place of business with the WRONG BOLT. Is it not prudent to verify chambers with a go guage? Then the mistake would have easily been caught, rather than passing the buck to Lone Peak allegedly sending the wrong bolt with the actions. Just saying. Then I wouldn't be out $440 on a new bolt . I just hope it shoots at this point. Wanted to post to make people aware.

First thing I would have done after buying SJA's equipment and discovering its bad reputation was to CHANGE THE NAME. After all, the only thing common with you and SJA is the equipment. You've only been the owner for 1 year. It's not too late to change your business name and move away from someone else's deep hole. I'm sure you can think of a catchy name for YOUR business.

The SJA name will haunt your business forever as you are currently experiencing. It will continue to popup on internet posts that are years old and tarnish YOUR reputation. Dump the name.

Last edited:
I cant bite my toungue any longer. So after you telling a friend of mine that you have never sold a barreled action in that caliber. We came to the firm conclusion last night that this particular barreled action did in fact leave your place of business with the WRONG BOLT. Is it not prudent to verify chambers with a go guage? Then the mistake would have easily been caught, rather than passing the buck to Lone Peak allegedly sending the wrong bolt with the actions. Just saying. Then I wouldn't be out $440 on a new bolt . I just hope it shoots at this point. Wanted to post to make people aware.
You told me they took care of it? I also told you I would make it right, did you swap the bolt or just buy another so you could keep it? I'll still stand behind that and pay for the wrong bolt no matter whose fault it was or wasn't. I told everyone if we do it I stand behind it, you never reached out to me or I would have made it right. Don't say we wouldn't have made it right because we would have 100% and I still will.

Last edited:
First thing I would have done after buying SJA's equipment and discovering its bad reputation was to CHANGE THE NAME. After all, the only thing common with you and SJA is the equipment. You've only been the owner for 1 year. It's not too late to change your business name and move away from someone else's deep hole. I'm sure you can think of a catchy name for YOUR business.

The SJA name will haunt your business forever as you are currently experiencing. It will continue to popup on internet posts that are years old and tarnish YOUR reputation. Dump the name.
If you understand SEO and web I can't. Others have tried and it absolutely kills thier online presence. I just need to show everyone the new SJA is better. In the last year we have cleared over 6-700 orders and with very minimal issues. There will be issues, we are human but we are constantly evolving and I'll let our new customers tell the story.

If you understand SEO and web I can't. Others have tried and it absolutely kills thier online presence. I just need to show everyone the new SJA is better. In the last year we have cleared over 6-700 orders and with very minimal issues. There will be issues, we are human but we are constantly evolving and I'll let our new customers tell the story.
Why would you want negative presence? Anything is possible, SEO or not. Just dump the name and headaches.

You can build SEO. Hire a consultant if needed.

You can build SEO. Hire a consultant if needed.
Not like you used to, trust me. With Facebook and everything on google going against firearms companies, hell they deleted my entire FB account 3 weeks ago . I'm going to put my head down and roll. If you look hard enough every gunsmith has bad reviews and customers and I'll never make everyone happy, but by hell I'm gonna try on what I can.

Out of the 6-700 orders I have only had 2 people actually reach out and I fixed them right away. I can't fix things if I don't know about them.

This is a fact.

Members here often believe that there are only the 10-12 who get mentioned here, as being the only ones to look into. Simply untrue! There are literally thousands of qualified gunsmiths working in this trade. Most are too busy making a living to work up a system of promotion adequate to advance there business. Do yourself a favor, instead of asking, do some serious searching using a good search engine.

Use a search engine, visit other shooting websites, get a broader picture of the real world. Expand your comprehension of the gunsmiths who work hard on a daily basis perfecting their trade.

Enjoy the search!

:)
Exactly this. I am lucky enough to have a old machinist and bench rest shooter that does rifle barrel jobs 10 min from my house. He only does work from word of mouth and not online. I never have to wait more than a month for a tight manual fit job (no prefit generic stuff, I know mine always fits tight and right). Usually only a week or two wait if I have my own barrel blanks. And all of his stuff seems to shoot 1/4 moa.