Sounds Faster

You don't happen to be Tow Mater
Y'all will get a kick out of this blast from the past.
1680799092147.jpeg

Growing up in a small town, my first real job was at a fast food joint called the Shortstop. At the time, the only competition was a Burger Chef for anyone old enough to remember that chain. And we had one of the first drive throughs too. There was a real microphone and a manual two way radio. Wasn't driving yet, but when I heard the throbbing exhaust at the outside speaker, I had to come from the back line to look. It was a brand new 1970 Grabber Blue Boss 429. I fell in love right then. A month later, same driver, but in an old clunker. "Where's the Mustang?" I shouted.

"Oh I got drunk and wrapped it around a tree"

When times are tough I try to remember, it could be worse...

I bought a Yamaha 650turbo back in '83 and still have it. 1 day it's going to be a buggy or a 4-wheeler. Redline speed was 135(6), but I ran it 1k over, so maybe 150ish. If I could find a Suzuki 500LT 4-wheeler I'd be good. My cousin had 1 that was a little more than stock, but it was fast. Spent some time over at Little Sahara (Waynoka, OK).
I remember my buddy had the 500 Quadzilla. That was a fast machine for a 4 wheeler. I have a Kodiak 750 that doesn't compare for the speed factor. But it is a workhorse.

You don't happen to be Tow Mater
Speaking of a Datsun pickup. We took one & put a 302 out of a 69 Mustang fast back into the truck. We had to extend the front end from another truck. Put disc breaks on the front out of a Mach 1. It would scoot along pretty good. My cousin has it today (graduation present from high school). I should get a few pictures to post.

So while looking for photos of my 64 Fury, stumbled over my original horsepower! Quarterhorse I had for quite a while, rode him in Gymkhanas and rodeo. He was unbelievsbly fast for his size plus he carried my Simco roping saddle, bull dogging stirrups and me Sasquatch. Won quite a bit off him as Champion, Reserve Champion and various rodeo events like team roping, bull dogging and as a hazer. Of course prob 40 lbs lighter!!!
IMG_9566.jpeg

Recent Posts