Some sausage making pics…

Not really. I have heard of sous vide and am familiar with the basic idea but have no personal experience with it at all.
Well then, get ready to have your mind blown and the best steak you've ever eaten. Jump on YouTube and and check out the "Sous Vide everything" channel. Dig through Guga's vids and target the steak episodes. Entertaining vids and family friendly.

The steaks I have pictured above will sit in a water bath for a couple hours at 129°. They will be perfectly cooked and extremely tender. I then take the steaks out of packaging and pan sear them (very hot sear) in butter with the bagged herbs. You could blind taste test these venison steaks to a venison hater and they would be asking for seconds and thirds. Granted, I know how to harvest my meat too, but thats's another thread all together.

Me and my family eat a crazy amount of protein cooking sous vide nowadays. One of the best meals since I started cooking this way, turkey! I could only handle turkey dinner once a year with previous cooking methods. Now, my wife and I will buy like 4 turkeys after turkey day when they're on sale. We then butcher, season, and bag them up. You can then eat just a part of them for dinner one night and not have a crap ton of left overs. Best turkey hands down…and yes I've had them deep fried. Lastly, you can throw the bags in frozen!

Opps I misspoke. They'r made by Masterbuilt and can be found here too.
View attachment 526662
Thanks. I have a masterbuilt smoker.
We have a huge grinder and it has an icepack thing to go around the auger area so it doesnt get hot. Plus we leave the deer meat partially frozen so it grinds better. I usually get with a couple buddies and thats what they use. I may do my own thing this year. I would like to make some salami or summer sausage. I have a grinder and stuffer.

Recent Posts