Some brass not bumping back

I did that and screwed it in a full turn now with no change

I guess I need to go full cam over and whisper sweet nothings to them
Annealing makes all things better. You'll have more consistent neck tensions and better velocity spreads, more consistent seating depths and longer case life. You don't have to spend a fortune on an amp. Try an annealeze machine or even putting them in a socket, chucked up in a drill, to spin them is better than nothing. You'll get your money back in brass life

I did that and screwed it in a full turn now with no change

I guess I need to go full cam over and whisper sweet nothings to them
Usually having the press go full cam over is where my cartridges end up getting them to bump, but annealing will help. Once a case has about 3 uses, they can work harden. Frankly I anneal every use anymore with the shortage of cases. I have a little Annealeez machine. It inexpensive and super easy to use.

Or, you could just toss them out ;)

seems odd to me to need anneal that bad on once fired stuff

I'll set the aside and see about an annealeeze in the futur

seems odd to me to need anneal that bad on once fired stuff

I'll set the aside and see about an annealeeze in the future
Usually a case once fired from virgin brass don't require annealing. But maybe those pieces are harder than the other pieces. Who knows? Are they not fitting in the rifle? Maybe go ahead and load and shoot the if they will run in the gun. Maybe that will straighten them out.

Once fired lapua brass
243 win
Rcbs full length sizer

Most cases bumping back as expected 2-4 thousandths.

6 or so shoulder is not moving at all, even as I crank the die down a lot. Removing expander does not change anything.

Example

Fired case base to shoulder is 1.658

95% of my cases are 1.6535-1.656 which is what I was shooting for

6 cases are 1.6580 and won't budge. I've turned the die almost to camming now and there is zero change.

Why are some of these being stubborn? What am I not thinking about here? Is it my press flexing on hard brass?

They chamber ok with resistance, so I plan to just shoot them as of now
When you size do you hold tension for a second or two?

Usually a case once fired from virgin brass don't require annealing. But maybe those pieces are harder than the other pieces. Who knows? Are they not fitting in the rifle? Maybe go ahead and load and shoot the if they will run in the gun. Maybe that will straighten them out.
Yeah they chamber but tightly. You can feel it but you're not forcing it
When you size do you hold tension for a second or two?
Hmmm probably not, a slight pause but not a full 1-2 seconds.

Seems like a good idea

Seems like a good idea

Seems like a good idea my lapua and alpha brass take a couple seconds to

Seems like a good idea
Loading for my match guns I have to count to 2 with lapua and alpha both, to get a consistent bump

Once fired lapua brass
243 win
Rcbs full length sizer

Most cases bumping back as expected 2-4 thousandths.

6 or so shoulder is not moving at all, even as I crank the die down a lot. Removing expander does not change anything.

Example

Fired case base to shoulder is 1.658

95% of my cases are 1.6535-1.656 which is what I was shooting for

6 cases are 1.6580 and won't budge. I've turned the die almost to camming now and there is zero change.

Why are some of these being stubborn? What am I not thinking about here? Is it my press flexing on hard brass?

They chamber ok with resistance, so I plan to just shoot them as of now
If you like RCBS and are using good brass... you might think about RCBS X Die for sizing, it might help, just a thought. Cheers