Sinclair flash hole reamers

bearbait

I see a flash hole reamer advertised in the Sinclair catalog. Has anyone had experience with the reamer. Is it a worth wile investment. How do you know which reamer size to use. Any advice would be appreciated.

The Sinclair Model 1000 flash hole deburring tool is used to remove the brass fragments left when the primer pocket is punched but can also occur when the flash hole is drilled. This tool can be used for calibers form .22 to 8mm. If you are trying to make the most accurate ammunition possible, this tool is probably needed. A primer pocket uniforming tool will also be needed and is available in large and small rifle. I have used both of these tools for 30+ years without a problem. I am not sure the deburring tool is necessary, but Sinclair's explanation makes sense.

I see a flash hole reamer advertised in the Sinclair catalog. Has anyone had experience with the reamer. Is it a worth wile investment. How do you know which reamer size to use. Any advice would be appreciated.
This tool does 2 things, it de-burrs and chamfers the flash hole, putting a small funnel shape cut into it, and uniforms the flash hole diameter.
With Norma and Lapua brass, it is not necessary, as the flash holes come like this from the factory.
Nosler is also already done.
One word of caution, European cases are drilled a few though smaller than US punched brass, opening the smaller flash hole has produced bigger groups for me. European cases measure .078", while US cases measure .081", not much difference, but, has been critical for accuracy.

Cheers.
gun)

Works very well to uniform cheap brass such a Winchester. Easy to use and you only have to do it once. Good tool for the Arsenal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.