Simulated field shoot NZ??

Steve7mm08

Is there any interest from people here to hold a simulated field shoot somewhere?

By that I mean having a series of targets (gongs or deer silhouettes) set out at varying distances/angles in a field simulation. ie walk a course and shots taken off bipods, daypacks etc

Could be great practise and a chance to share ideas/experience with other like minded hunters.

I'd be keen, depending on where it was, I live in Canterbury. I'm waiting for my rifle to come back from the gunsmith, being rebarreled to a 7 mm magnum. Once I've got it I will need to work up loads and confirm drop charts etc.
I was thinking about taking it up to Kaikoura goat shooting. I did a trip up there in September last year and there were goats everywhere as far as the eye could see, 1k plus.

Stu.

some thing differant and meet other people who enjoy burning gun powder and one shot hits,al sounds good.i went to mt fith(not spelt right)by the coast back in december.deer and chamy everywhere and a stones throw from township.counted 7 reds in one creek head and was constintly spooking chamy off track.

Keen as mustard.. however not keen on padding Shanes pockets and paying for his overpriced Gucci gear :D

We have a shoot up in the Wairarapa each Xmas

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.