sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

I thought this thread was about SIG KILO 2000 and not Politics.

Yes and Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread. It is ironic though that some forums negate to have 2nd amendment rights threads. And although boring and not as fun to talk about as a new Scope, a 1000 yard 5 inch group, or some new bullets. It's the most important and CAN be lost. All the things we love here, Guns Rifles, Scopes ammo components etc can all be outlawed and taken away. One supreme court judge and they interpret the 2A TOTALLY different and say All you can own is muskets or even say "your not militia so you have no rights."
Most Talk a tough game and say they are not worried cause they aren't giving up their guns and they have to kill them for there guns. All easy to talk, but when it all it outlawed. and they make it a Felony to have a gun, all one can do is hide them at home and NEVER uses em.. Get caught, get a felony, lose job, NEVER get a good job again.
most of us who have kids or wives aren't going to fight the government and risk death for our loved one.
So instead of sticking my head in sand and pretending it will never happen or pretend I can face a military equipped BATF in a fight, better to get out and VOTE and try to keep what I have..
With the election coming up easy to get wrapped up in all of it,,
Sorry again, didn't want to turn this thread into politics.
- I have not actually named any politicians or said vote for whoever. I'll get back to the subject.

I do own a Kilo 2000 and like it a lot. Great bang for the buck. I can imagine the future models may be more precise and pin point game a longer ranges. have mount for tri pod etc.
This is only the 1st model. I'm sure the beam will get smaller in the future as they slowly improve etc.. works great now as it is.

Mine reads 983 yards on our 1,000 yard 10" plate, which is on a ~40 degree hill. HD-B's and BR2 both peg it as 1,000. For the Kilo to read 1,000 I have to aim it over the plate far enough that the reticle bulls eye isn't even touching the plate. I guess the beam is either aimed a little lower than the reticle or the beam is wide/tall enough that it is reading the hill below the plate. Seems to match on everything else I point it at, just not on the hill. Anybody else have that issue ?

I am not sorry. I think we got off track because of boredom from hearing that it will range a sign at 1500 yards. Who gives! I don't think we will find any of those out in the woods. It is something new and like anything new it is going to have problems. It is not tried and true until it goes through a few hunting seasons and is dropped and rolled down a few hills. Then hows customer service? Do they replace it or is it customer abuse? Lifetime Warranty my hind end. Anyway if you want one buy it. Just make sure you buy it from someone like Cabelas. Therefore, you can take it home, make sure it works ,and you like it. They will take returns weeks later from unhappy customers.

Mine reads 983 yards on our 1,000 yard 10" plate, which is on a ~40 degree hill. HD-B's and BR2 both peg it as 1,000. For the Kilo to read 1,000 I have to aim it over the plate far enough that the reticle bulls eye isn't even touching the plate. I guess the beam is either aimed a little lower than the reticle or the beam is wide/tall enough that it is reading the hill below the plate. Seems to match on everything else I point it at, just not on the hill. Anybody else have that issue ?

Are you also getting an angle readout or just the distance? If you are getting just the distance it is in AMR (Angle Modified Range) and could account for the difference.

And I wish they had put a 1/4-20 thread insert for a mount. That holster thing is not something i'm going to buy.

I am not sorry. I think we got off track because of boredom from hearing that it will range a sign at 1500 yards. Who gives! I don't think we will find any of those out in the woods. It is something new and like anything new it is going to have problems. It is not tried and true until it goes through a few hunting seasons and is dropped and rolled down a few hills. Then hows customer service? Do they replace it or is it customer abuse? Lifetime Warranty my hind end. Anyway if you want one buy it. Just make sure you buy it from someone like Cabelas. Therefore, you can take it home, make sure it works ,and you like it. They will take returns weeks later from unhappy customers.

Agreed. But some MUST have the one that ranges as far out as possible. The Kilo does indeed register readings beyond 1900 yards. I don't know anyone who would take a shot on a deer at that range. I'm not sure you could see a deer at that range with only 7x. But I would assume that you can't. A mack truck at 1000 yards looks tiny at 6x thru my Leupold. If it were a camouflaged mack truck on a tree line at 1200, it would be hard to find, IF you could find it at all.

I ended up buying the Leupold, due to the optics , the feature set and instantaneous readings, but then the majority of my hunting is with a .30 caliber airgun and 150 yards is pushing it on rabbit, and smaller pest animals like turtles that infiltrate one of my lakes. I have taken Hogs but never have tried to take a hog beyond 60 yards and most times inside 50 , head shots, behind the ear and eye socket placements. They drop like they were struck by lightening.

The rx1200i is more than enough for what I do. It's cheaper and it's very very nice.
I wouldn't mind having a Zeiss victory PRF for it's brilliant optics, and use for spotting/observation. But the Leupold dogs it in compactness, speed, and feature set at half the price.

Coming from a company like Sig Sauer I don't think they are going to risk there reputation by putting out a poor product. Do you think your leica is 100% German made with 100% German products? I assure you they are not. They are not even assembled in Germany. If someone is dropping and rolling there stuff down hills to test it's durability they have more money than brains in my opinion. Like I said, I was looking at the leica before I found the sig, that was the hole point of the thread was for information about the Sig vs the leica not to start a ******* match. As for customer service I've not had any sig products so if someone has had any dealings with there customer service department please chime in. Good or bad. Anyone having any problems with your kilo?

Last edited:
Anyone order from Vizard's Guns and Ammo? $392 sounds too good! Will likely place the order and see what happens. i'll report back whether I receive or not.

Received my Kilo today and all I can say is WOW! Most impressive. The first thing that struck was the compact size. Much smaller than expected. Second is ease of use. Had it unpacked and ranging in no time.
Vizard's delivered in a timely manor (Fedex signature required). Nice piece of equipment and didn't break the bank.

Most Talk a tough game and say they are not worried cause they aren't giving up their guns and they have to kill them for there guns. All easy to talk, but when it all it outlawed. and they make it a Felony to have a gun, all one can do is hide them at home and NEVER uses em.. Get caught, get a felony, lose job, NEVER get a good job again.
most of us who have kids or wives aren't going to fight the government and risk death for our loved one.
So instead of sticking my head in sand and pretending it will never happen or pretend I can face a military equipped BATF in a fight, better to get out and VOTE and try to keep what I have..

And once you give up these guns, you will live in fear of government the rest of your life. It will be dictatorship with no freedom with exception to the freedom of doing what Government tells you to do, as they take everything from you. This is not life.
I would rather be dead than live to serve a corrupt Government as they live like kings and have no laws governing them.

It will take 1 million men to stand up and not give up. And that will turn into 2 million fast when patriots see they are not alone. And 2 million will turn to 4 million and 4 million, 8.
Government will kill many but in the end. Every single one of the traitors will be executed.

It hasn't gotten that bad yet, but this is where it's headed , fast, as you now have a Government who rules nearly exactly as Saddam Hussein's regime.

We all hope this will never happen, but it most certainly will at some point.

This is why Government divides you. The last thing they want is a nation united. Because if every man woman and child united as one and put aside their differences to fight the common enemy,,,,,,,,it would be over for them in a matter of weeks.
And they know it.

And once you give up these guns, you will live in fear of government the rest of your life. It will be dictatorship with no freedom with exception to the freedom of doing what Government tells you to do, as they take everything from you. This is not life.
I would rather be dead than live to serve a corrupt Government as they live like kings and have no laws governing them.

It will take 1 million men to stand up and not give up. And that will turn into 2 million fast when patriots see they are not alone. And 2 million will turn to 4 million and 4 million, 8.
Government will kill many but in the end. Every single one of the traitors will be executed.

It hasn't gotten that bad yet, but this is where it's headed , fast, as you now have a Government who rules nearly exactly as Saddam Hussein's regime.

We all hope this will never happen, but it most certainly will at some point.

This is why Government divides you. The last thing they want is a nation united. Because if every man woman and child united as one and put aside their differences to fight the common enemy,,,,,,,,it would be over for them in a matter of weeks.
And they know it.
Notice the first line of my signature. The biggest division I can see is between gun owners/ Americans and the anti-gun/sheeple/lib-tards. In witch case they won't be any help anyway they will cower to the tyranny. My.02

I noticed that someone said that these were $425 and less in some places. Can someone post a link as to where they can be bought for less than $425?

My quick google search shows most are $479-499.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.