sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

I do not have a range finder that will range past 400 yards reliably. I am trying to get the most out of my dollar and this Sig looks like it will fill the bill. If I had the money I would have already bought a 1600B. Unfortunately, I have to sell off used stuff to purchase new stuff and if I can wring out more good gear for the money, that is what I am going to do. I am excited about getting my hands on one of these things and taking it out with my rifle and spotting scope for some super fun long-ish shooting. Thanks to everyone who has put their two cents into this hat. I am sure there are lurkers out there who are on the receiving end of this thread.

Joe I totally understand and I am glad you are getting in the game. All the best with your new range finder. MASH, please let us know what you think. Even though it's Apples vs Oranges it might be fun.

Why is it that the only people that are complaining/bad mouthing the SIG KILO 2000 is the Leica owners?? If you own a Leica and are happy with it great I'm happy for you. Start a thread to talk about how great your/the Leica is and stop bad mouthing the KILO 2000 because you think your Leica is better. It is a personal preference on what people like/want, same thing as the Dodge/Chevy/Ford ordeal. I could have bought either one (KILO or Leica), compared both side by side and I choose the Leica because I could not see where the Leica was any better and I didn't think the ballistics part was worth the extra $400.

If the KILO has Kool-Aid power then the Leica has Mad-Cow disease!!

Bottom line just be HAPPY with your CHOICE and keep SHOOTING!!!

While riding along down the interstate on my to the job site. (I'm not driving just the passenger) I took the Sig out and started ranging signs. I ranged an exit sign @ 1502.7 yards. I'm impressed so far.

450 you are right the ballistics in the 1600B are trash. I have no problem telling you the short comings of the 1600B. I just read this thread and it seemed liked everyone thought the Sig walked on water because it ranged street signs at 1500, lifetime Warranty, and cost less. I am merely showing the other side of the coin. I have tried to like Sig products. They are just not for me. Made in China, deceptive advertising, plastic( range finder and scope), triggers with way too much travel. So for now I will keep what I have. Until years have past and it holds up and Sig goes above and beyond to honor it's outstanding five year warranty. Sig, please no crying we can not cover that, you dropped it. Time will tell.

, plastic( range finder and scope),.

In an effort to keep accurate info on the subject. I will offer that the Sig Kilo 2000 has a Magnesium housing. The finish is showing some wear after I beat one for a few months doing a review. SIG is already taking note and looking to change finishes to something more durable.

In a full review I did I directly compared the Kilo to my tried and true Leica 1600. I also used my Vectronix PLRF10 to check accuracy of them both on same targets.

As for reflective road signs. If you are only getting 1500 from your SIG you need to learn how to utilize the "Hyper scan" mode and "last target" The Sig has set a new level for scan modes. It is nothing like the Leica. To be frank it kicks the Leica scan mode's butt. I repeatedly ranged a triangle "no Passing" sign at 3010 yards with the Kilo in mid day light. Leica would not touch it. Started on this sign at 2200, again Leica would not touch it.

The Kilo manual claims deer to 1000, it will. Even over snow. It claims trees to 1500, it will I ranged some right at a mile. It claims reflective targets to 3400. I got 3010 and never tried farther. Want to see the hyper scan shine? Get it on the back of a car going away from you and watch it count out to well over 2500 yards. That's where the car went out of sight for me.

I have been, and still am, a long time user of the Leica 1600 and I think it is a darn good RF. But how can we not like what SIG just made available at a very fair price? IMO, the SIG Kilo 2000 just became the "best bang for the Buck" in Laser Rf's.

I am doing an article now on how to properly use the new technology of the Hyper scan and how to get the most out of the Kilo 2000. Things have changed, and this time for the better.

Just my opinions after beating the Kilo in field testing and comparing it to the Rf's I have loved for years.

Respectfully,

Jeff

In an effort to keep accurate info on the subject. I will offer that the Sig Kilo 2000 has a Magnesium housing. The finish is showing some wear after I beat one for a few months doing a review. SIG is already taking note and looking to change finishes to something more durable.

In a full review I did I directly compared the Kilo to my tried and true Leica 1600. I also used my Vectronix PLRF10 to check accuracy of them both on same targets.

As for reflective road signs. If you are only getting 1500 from your SIG you need to learn how to utilize the "Hyper scan" mode and "last target" The Sig has set a new level for scan modes. It is nothing like the Leica. To be frank it kicks the Leica scan mode's butt. I repeatedly ranged a triangle "no Passing" sign at 3010 yards with the Kilo in mid day light. Leica would not touch it. Started on this sign at 2200, again Leica would not touch it.

The Kilo manual claims deer to 1000, it will. Even over snow. It claims trees to 1500, it will I ranged some right at a mile. It claims reflective targets to 3400. I got 3010 and never tried farther. Want to see the hyper scan shine? Get it on the back of a car going away from you and watch it count out to well over 2500 yards. That's where the car went out of sight for me.

I have been, and still am, a long time user of the Leica 1600 and I think it is a darn good RF. But how can we not like what SIG just made available at a very fair price? IMO, the SIG Kilo 2000 just became the "best bang for the Buck" in Laser Rf's.

I am doing an article now on how to properly use the new technology of the Hyper scan and how to get the most out of the Kilo 2000. Things have changed, and this time for the better.

Just my opinions after beating the Kilo in field testing and comparing it to the Rf's I have loved for years.

Respectfully,

Jeff

Very nice and honest assessment Jeff!

Ed

I got a kilo about 6 weeks ago. The next morning I ranged a hill across the freeway it came up at 1826, It consisted of lava rock and shrubs, I tried later in the day when it was a litter warmer and was able to get 1650. Reflective at 3050, will retest when I am passenger.

I sold a vortex ranger 1000

I bought a sig rangefinder yesterday. Haven't tested it on animals but on hard/reflective targets it will range farther than the vortex. From my driveway both ranged a metal building at 630-635 yards. This year deer hunting I ranged my brothers shop, with the vortex, at over 800 yards. The sig ranged a big metal sign at 975, metal building at 1230 yards and the grain elevator and grain bins over 1400 yards. The vortex I couldn't get a reading on any of those objects. Like I said I haven't had a chance to range tress, hillsides or animals. Will be interesting to see what the sig will do on those targets.

The vortex, on animals, I could get around 500 yards. On tress and hillsides I could get around 800 yards.

The Vortex has been sold.

New member.
I compared several rangefinders in the store yesterday (AK Cabelas).
in the store is not the same as the real outdoors.
I was most impressed with the sig.
I'm an optics guy, using swarovski as my favorite for binoculars and spotting scopes, and Zeiss for my riffles.
After owning the Leica 1600 B, last year for my successfull moose hunts. I sold it last year do to the lack of no reads on large dead cotton wood trees, in a wide river bottom. However It did range all the moose I saw up to 1200 yards.
Also this year, I am big into archery. Plan on getting my first Bull moose with my bow this year.
another thing I did not like about the Leica, zeiss and swaro. Is the lack of bow distance horizontal adjustments on the fly. Optics were outstanding for all three though.
I ordered the kilo 2000. Because of the AMR at all ranges on the fly; quick reads; compact ( fits in my small hunting shirt pockets); rain or splash proof; 5 year warranty on electronics; and I was very impressed with the optics ( especially for the price)
I would also state that the G7 had the lowest quality of the optics (IMO). It may have been the demo model the store had. To me it was comparable to the bushnell g force 1300 arc in optics.
I am excited to try out my new sig kilo.

Yep, it's an amazing rangefinder.
I really like it. For $400 it cannot be beat at this date.
Time will tell for durability.
Feels rugid.
5 star.

I got mine in the mail today. It will only range trees to 700 yards,big reflective building at 2080 tops. a tower at 1450
The trees have no leaves on them, so mostly only about 400-500 yards.
I can range trees with my older clunky Luepy 1000 at 750 yds.

if it can't range trees at over 750, how is it going to range an animal? Yes I keep the button held down for continuous scan. overcasts day around 2:30-3pm.

I am not a Sig cheerleader and don't work for them. So I'll not inflate my results, I will do more tests and get back. maybe there is something I'm not doing right.
I plan to give it more time before I give a negative report. Not impressed as of now.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts