Should we start to boycot these high prices?

How about the fact that my wife and I both make 50k a year, own a home in a rural area that started out as a barn in 1978 that I repair myself, drive older cars that are paid off and I repair myself, and still have to be super careful about how much we spend on non necessities? We make just under 100k/yr combined and I have to check the bank account before I buy that mythical box of 28nosler brass that just appeared by itself on the shelf at the local sporting goods store... And then while I'm trying to pull it up on my slow phone some one else wanders off with it...

100k/yr for 2 people should give us a decent cushion right? Not for the last couple years
obviously your still living beyond your salary move to a cheaper state [alaska has the highest cost of living in the us) quit buying nosler brass buy hornady or cheaper components
start looking at what you truly do not absolutely need that you can cut from the budget 100k a year for 2 people, older vehicles I'm guessing your house is paid for and your still just scrapping by? sorry but i stand by my statement

XSIVSPD who are you referring to? This whole thread has been filled with alot of accusations with no supporting evidence. Yes if you go on gunbroker and a few other places there are some people price gouging so don't buy from them. I would say the norm is people are running buisnesses the way they need to for their buisness to survive.

I agree that a family making $100k/yr should be doing OK but that is not the reality right now. If you voted for Brandon and his gang then you got what you voted for. If you did not you are paying the price for others stupidity. He projected exactly what he was going to do and he has done it. Everyone should have seen this coming.

Sorry you are struggling right now.

I wouldn't say we're struggling, just not able to be comfortable.

I'm talking about the major. Corporations that are reporting record profits during this. Not necessarily the gun/component companies specifically. But if you want to get more.l specific, the local sportsmans warehouse has almost doubled their prices on most of the ammo and other components when they do come into stock. Their prices are 50% higher than the LGS I normally visit, and close to 100% higher than the local 3bears (like mini Costco for Alaska) theres only about 3 suppliers that ship up here so I know the wholesale cust isn't likely to be much different between them. The sportsmans warehouse prices also seem to change almost weekly based on what the market will bear. Makes it tough for me when they're the only ones that seem to have 28n brass and they want $100+/box.

I don't buy stuff I don't need, and I buy what I need from local places if possible. That's why I still have no ammo for the dang 28n I built 6 months ago lol. I'm not going to contribute to some company (sportsman's) lining their pockets by taking more from mine. I'll just hunt with the 308 or 6m5 creed this year if it comes to that.

Also, you can't blame this all on one person. This has been a problem since before 2020. And high cost effect everyone, regardless of political persuasion. What party is in power doesn't matter, what matters is that neither party actually care and have the normal peoples best interests at heart.

obviously your still living beyond your salary move to a cheaper state [alaska has the highest cost of living in the us) quit buying nosler brass buy hornady or cheaper components
start looking at what you truly do not absolutely need that you can cut from the budget 100k a year for 2 people, older vehicles I'm guessing your house is paid for and your still just scrapping by? sorry but i stand by my statement

LOL, I think you're a little out of touch there. Almost no one under the age of 65-70 has their house paid off anymore (I'm 40 this year) and sure, I could move to another state, but guess what... Cost of living is less, but so are sallieries and job opportunities.

Want me to sell the house? Okay, but where am I going to go? Cant buy a house right now up here for under $300k and rentals have a year's long waiting list for most of them... And because I'm smart and refinanced at the right time and didn't take cash, out the rent for a 1bed place would be almost the same as my mortgage. I'm smart, my wife is smart, we've made smart decisions financially. We're not scraping by. But things are tighter than they should be for 2 people with no kids and an old inexpensive house.

Don't buy nosler brass? Who else makes brass that is going to cheaper for a 28n? I've never seen a box of any other brand, and ordering adg or Bertram is just as expensive.

I'm not living outside my means. Get off your high horse and breath some of the air down here... Maybe then you'll realize it stinks.

How much does the State of Alaska add to that 100k, just for living in the state?
$4400 last year (for 2 people) but guess what... It counts as unearned income on the fed taxes.. We went from a $1900 tax return to owing $990 thaks to that... So we gained a net $1500? Yay, that's utilities and groceries for a month.

If you have to shoot a 6.4 creed rather than your 28N then I really feel for you.

I completely disagree with your last point. Spending money like drunken sailors and printing it to make up the shortfall absolutely is a large contributor to inflation. Trump spent more than he should have too through the Kung flu but peanuts in comparison to Brandon. Shutting down oil leases and pipelines also is a major factor. The world lives on oil. Everything you buy or consume is aggected by oil prices. We were exporting oil before Brandon was elected now we are importing and that is a fact.

$4400 last year (for 2 people) but guess what... It counts as unearned income on the fed taxes.. We went from a $1900 tax return to owing $990 thaks to that... So we gained a net $1500? Yay, that's utilities and groceries for a month.
How do you end up paying $2890 in taxes on $4400 in gross income?

Solutions:
Drill for oil
Permit more pipelines
Permit new oil refineries
Slow or better yet stop government spending
Protect our border

None of which will happen under the Brandon administration so we have 3 more years of this.
You and your family want to breathe in the future? Oil is not a renewal resource. At least not for another 10,000 years or so. What do our decendants do then? Yup, we need a whole lot better control of the borders.

I wouldn't say we're struggling, just not able to be comfortable.

I'm talking about the major. Corporations that are reporting record profits during this. Not necessarily the gun/component companies specifically. But if you want to get more.l specific, the local sportsmans warehouse has almost doubled their prices on most of the ammo and other components when they do come into stock. Their prices are 50% higher than the LGS I normally visit, and close to 100% higher than the local 3bears (like mini Costco for Alaska) theres only about 3 suppliers that ship up here so I know the wholesale cust isn't likely to be much different between them. The sportsmans warehouse prices also seem to change almost weekly based on what the market will bear. Makes it tough for me when they're the only ones that seem to have 28n brass and they want $100+/box.

I don't buy stuff I don't need, and I buy what I need from local places if possible. That's why I still have no ammo for the dang 28n I built 6 months ago lol. I'm not going to contribute to some company (sportsman's) lining their pockets by taking more from mine. I'll just hunt with the 308 or 6m5 creed this year if it comes to that.

Also, you can't blame this all on one person. This has been a problem since before 2020. And high cost effect everyone, regardless of political persuasion. What party is in power doesn't matter, what matters is that neither party actually care and have the normal peoples best interests at heart.
Both are in it for the$$$.

LOL, I think you're a little out of touch there. Almost no one under the age of 65-70 has their house paid off anymore (I'm 40 this year) and sure, I could move to another state, but guess what... Cost of living is less, but so are sallieries and job opportunities.

Want me to sell the house? Okay, but where am I going to go? Cant buy a house right now up here for under $300k and rentals have a year's long waiting list for most of them... And because I'm smart and refinanced at the right time and didn't take cash, out the rent for a 1bed place would be almost the same as my mortgage. I'm smart, my wife is smart, we've made smart decisions financially. We're not scraping by. But things are tighter than they should be for 2 people with no kids and an old inexpensive house.

Don't buy nosler brass? Who else makes brass that is going to cheaper for a 28n? I've never seen a box of any other brand, and ordering adg or Bertram is just as expensive.

I'm not living outside my means. Get off your high horse and breath some of the air down here... Maybe then you'll realize it stinks.
Guys, please note that I started this thread to address reloading cost escalation.

If you have to shoot a 6.4 creed rather than your 28N then I really feel for you.

I completely disagree with your last point. Spending money like drunken sailors and printing it to make up the shortfall absolutely is a large contributor to inflation. Trump spent more than he should have too through the Kung flu but peanuts in comparison to Brandon. Shutting down oil leases and pipelines also is a major factor. The world lives on oil. Everything you buy or consume is aggected by oil prices. We were exporting oil before Brandon was elected now we are importing and that is a fact.
Guys please note that I started this thread to address reloading cost escalation.

You and your family want to breathe in the future? Oil is not a renewal resource. At least not for another 10,000 years or so. What do our decendants do then? Yup, we need a whole lot better control of the borders.
We will be able to breath just fine.

Yup, oil and fossil fuels are not a renewable resource, but they are the best thing we have at present and for the foreseeable future.

Please tell me you are not going to lay that green crap on us.

So Midway is actually a pretty small company, size wise they are where it's the most expensive, your large enough the government loves you but to small to have any negotiating leverage. Just the amount business insurance went up last year is staggering, employees insurance will buckle your knees at that level BUT the real kick in the nuts is your too small to negotiate anything of quality or price even if you are a big fish in your pond.
Right now being a smaller under 100 employee business is a much stronger position! Especially when your already running on margins not volume and your not warehousing product and OMG the shipping, the shipping is unfathomable right now!!

We will be able to breath just fine.

Yup, oil and fossil fuels are not a renewable resource, but they are the best thing we have at present and for the foreseeable future.

Please tell me you are not going to lay that green crap on us.
Wont hear it from me. You ever been/seen LA or NY or any other major size city on a summer day? Smog alerts every day. Fossile fuels cause this. But I must be concerned for our kids and their future families. I can only hope at some point that our govt starts making future energy issues a REAL priority and start spending more on alternatives rather than the crap they are flushing $$ down the drain. Please note that I started this thread to address reloading cost escalation. Not the not the entire economy, which is WAY above my pay grade. Yeah, it affects us all. Arrrrrr..

Wont hear it from me. You ever been/seen LA or NY or any other major size city on a summer day? Smog alerts every day. Fossile fuels cause this. But I must be concerned for our kids and their future families. I can only hope at some point that our govt starts making future energy issues a REAL priority and start spending more on alternatives rather than the crap they are flushing $$ down the drain. Please note that I started this thread to address reloading cost escalation. Not the not the entire economy, which is WAY above my pay grade. Yeah, it affects us all. Arrrrrr..
That explains why your not getting it despite multiple people trying different angles.

Have you looked at the numbers on the cost both in dollars but environmentally to replace fossil fuels, right now the only thing worth a serious effort is nuclear. There is a whole lot more areas than LA or NY with no concentration of pollution, except that thousands of acres of windmills and thousands of acres of solar farms that haven't made a dent.
I found out the other day a couple miles from my house we get a sweet 600 acre solar farm, how awesome it must be for someone in LA to get power from a spot in Mt that is going to be covered in solar panels! Wonder why they don't cover their own land in solar panels and wind farms??

Not that I'm anti solar or wind cause Ill be of the grid soon, micro solar and wind make sense but on a grid level it's ignorant!!