shot placement

Bob S.

I just saw for the first time John Burns in action on the beyond belief video. I want more info on the high shoulder shot instead of the traditional boiler room shot. I was raised to and have always tried to place the shot in the vitals (heart, lungs). I would like more info on the high shoulder shot. It seems to work very well, at least in the video I watched. Any one one got some pictures to show me what the difference is? I assume the high shoulder shot also impacts the lungs.

[ 10-11-2004: Message edited by: Cowboy ]

Hitting the animal high in the shoulder usualy results in a "droped at the shot" type of deal , it will usualy break the animals back of disturbe it enough cause it to seem broke.
In all the cases I've seen the lungs were affected either by alot of shock or bone and bullet fragments hitting them.

In general you end up losing both front shoulders but you don't have to track the animal as far if at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts