Service Rifle Barrels RUs

bamban

SS 7.5T Select Match Blanks donated by Shilen. Chambering reamer used is a custom one based on 80 SMK boat tail above shoulder. 20 blanks were delivered, will just do 10 now and the rest after my Cataract surgeries.

Barrel extensions are the competition variety, oversized OD for better fit, 0.920 long, 20 TPI instead of the M16 16 TPI

Contoured ones still need to be cut to 20, then threaded to 5/8x24 to use the A2 BO flash hider mainly for crown protection. Never been a fan of 1/2x28 even on .224 bore.

20230117_164543.jpg

It looks horrible when a bull or hbar is turned down to 1/2 (I happen to have 1 that way for lack of better judgment). Hope your surgery goes speedy for you!

SS 7.5T Select Match Blanks donated by Shilen. Chambering reamer used is a custom one based on 80 SMK boat tail above shoulder. 20 blanks were delivered, will just do 10 now and the rest after my Cataract surgeries.

Barrel extensions are the competition variety, oversized OD for better fit, 0.920 long, 20 TPI instead of the M16 16 TPI

Contoured ones still need to be cut to 20, then threaded to 5/8x24 to use the A2 BO flash hider mainly for crown protection. Never been a fan of 1/2x28 even on .224 bore.

View attachment 429311
BamBam
May want one for a spare upper for our RRA Coyote/Hog AR.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Looking good! I use one of Shilen's Match Select 8t on my Service Rifle, shooting 77 grain Nosler RDF's. It is more capable than I am.

Those look sweet...what size gas block will they use? I have a 20" Wilson Combat stainless bull barrel that uses the .936" gas block and it just barely fit in the biggest handguard I could find. Shoots awesome with 75-77 grain bullets (~0.5 MOA), but unfortunately the barrel is not threaded.

Those look sweet...what size gas block will they use? I have a 20" Wilson Combat stainless bull barrel that uses the .936" gas block and it just barely fit in the biggest handguard I could find. Shoots awesome with 75-77 grain bullets (~0.5 MOA), but unfortunately the barrel is not threaded.
By rules we have to use non-adjustable 0.750 blocks

Really nice looking barrels!!!!

Thank you. There are 10 more unturned blanks in the shop, plus 20 more coming. The kids are keeping me busy. They can wear out a barrel in a season, that's how much they shoot.

I put A2 30 caliber 5/8x24 flash hider on their barrel not for flash reduction, more for muzzle/crown protection

Last edited:
I put A2 30 caliber 5/8x24 flash hider on their barrel not for flash reduction, more for muzzle/crown protection
Good idea...if I ever get my Wilson barrel threaded, I'll definitely do 5/8x24 as well. Looks better on any barrel profile that will support it, and avoids the need to run an adapter for my suppressor.

Good idea...if I ever get my Wilson barrel threaded, I'll definitely do 5/8x24 as well. Looks better on any barrel profile that will support it, and avoids the need to run an adapter for my suppressor.

Ever since the 5/8x24 A2 hiders came out, that's all I thread the 224 bores. Unless dictated by a can, as some still have the 1/2x28 threads.