SEEKINS PRECISION - 2 THUMBS UP

stirner

Earier ths year, I bought a Havak PH1, in 6.5 PRC, on line. While waiting for the rifle, I bought a scope, dies and an assortment of bullets. So I get it all together, work up some loads, and start going to the range. Some groups weren't too bad, but not as good as I had hoped for. Additionally, each group had a flier. After going thru a couple handred bullets, I got fed up and called Seekins to see if they had encountered this before. Well, they just sent me a shipping label, and said to send it in. I got it back yesterday. It came in their carrying case with a target. They put a new PH2 receiver, with all new parts, on it. They ran a reamer in the chamber, and cleaned that up. Then they put a current model Pro Hunter stock on it, and bedded it.

Now I have a dilemma. I am 4 weeks out of open heart surgery for an aortic annurism, and aortic valve replacement. My initial thought was to let my wife shoot the test loads, as she is quite a good shot. However, the last time I let her shoot my 6.5 was quite a few years ago, and it was a 6.5/06. I never saw the rifle again, except to clean it. Should I trust her this time? She just read this post, and said she would not take the rifle away from me, as she likes her 7/08 Lady Ruger too much.

Seekins customer service is the best in the business. I broke a rifle—badly—through entirely my own fault. They had me send it to them and they sent me a brand new one at no cost. They make in my opinion the best rifles at their price point and stand behind them 100%.

Seekins customer service is the best in the business. I broke a rifle—badly—through entirely my own fault. They had me send it to them and they sent me a brand new one at no cost. They make in my opinion the best rifles at their price point and stand behind them 100%.
Ok, I have to know how this happened.

Ok, I have to know how this happened.
Ugh. I somehow how got a cleaning rod with a relatively loose-fitting brush and patch on it stuck in a barrel. I spent a few days doing everything I could think of to get it out. Ultimately I broke the receiver. The rifle went back to Seekins with the cleaning rod still stuck in it. It wasn't my proudest moment. I still don't know what happened in there that led to it getting stuck like that.

I have made a grevous error. Kathy shoots a Lady Savage, not Ruger. My apologies to the fine people at Savage.

Respect the Heart Dr's request to wait to shoot ! I been there and done that !
The exact day I was cleared..I was shooting my 338 Edge !
Oh she did ask me what Caliber I was going to shoot! Lol
Got to Love Montana!!
Good luck in your Recovery!!

Ps . Better let your Wife help ya out !

Rum Man

Its A Trap Thomas GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Earier ths year, I bought a Havak PH1, in 6.5 PRC, on line. While waiting for the rifle, I bought a scope, dies and an assortment of bullets. So I get it all together, work up some loads, and start going to the range. Some groups weren't too bad, but not as good as I had hoped for. Additionally, each group had a flier. After going thru a couple handred bullets, I got fed up and called Seekins to see if they had encountered this before. Well, they just sent me a shipping label, and said to send it in. I got it back yesterday. It came in their carrying case with a target. They put a new PH2 receiver, with all new parts, on it. They ran a reamer in the chamber, and cleaned that up. Then they put a current model Pro Hunter stock on it, and bedded it.

Now I have a dilemma. I am 4 weeks out of open heart surgery for an aortic annurism, and aortic valve replacement. My initial thought was to let my wife shoot the test loads, as she is quite a good shot. However, the last time I let her shoot my 6.5 was quite a few years ago, and it was a 6.5/06. I never saw the rifle again, except to clean it. Should I trust her this time? She just read this post, and said she would not take the rifle away from me, as she likes her 7/08 Lady Ruger too much.
Well, they're clearly not afraid of going all the way to satisfy a customer. I don't see anyone else doing all that... major manufacturer or custom. Most of the gun is new. Very aggravating the time and money spent getting there though.

I'd be thinking more about getting your chest cracked than your wife's sticky fingers. Prayers sent for your doctors wisdom/skill and your recovery.