Nightforce
NX8 2.5-20x50
.25 MOA, DIGILLUM, MOAR-CF2
Model C639

Seekins Rings:
30mm Medium (.87") 4 Screw Scope Ring
BB54F793-6FD8-4DCA-81C2-357532847543.jpeg

Last edited:
Take a hard look at the Zeiss Conquest V4. Great glass, zero stop, reliable tracking and illumination available. Red Hawk Rifles has demo scopes with full factory warranty at significant discount.

Look for a non illumination Bushnell LRHS (25.5oz)will get you to 1000...you can find them from time to time around $800-900. I've played with the vortex razor LHT 3x15--solid little scope at around 1000--I liked the capped windage.
Also a Maven RS3 might be a good option--a lot to like for 1,600 dollars--wish the windage was capped like the LRHS, and the LHT (26 oz) . A little up in price 2k My Leupold Mark5 3.5x18 has been really good--light enough(26 oz) but ring options are limited with 35mm tube. For weight savings 3.5x18 Swarovski Z5 BT..with my 7 SAUM I get 600 yards on the dial--will not get you to 1000 but 16.5 oz sure makes that money you spent for light weight count, and I haven't been hindered in the hills yet with it on game.

My criteria:
Second focal plane
Elevation dial.
weight: hopefully well under 30 ounces
Absolute RTZ and repeatability
Enough "up" to get to 1000 yards
Reticle: I like the MOAR but nothing anymore cluttered than that
Power: from in your face shots to 1000 yards
Sorry discount my post above...I see second focal plane..I can't read...🤠
Also---Absolute RTZ and repeatability---it's a scope...it will fail at some point... reading better--I'd get a non illuminated X5 Swarovski 3.5x18 with a BRM reticle...or zeiss V6 3x18...

Last edited:
I would go with the Nightforce NX8 then. That's the best scope for the job in my opinion. Anything Nightforce is heavy duty and reliable.
Not sure I like the new MOAR-cf2 reticle? It seems much busier than the MOAR.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.